Drawing/fading the ball on demand?

Usually i can draw my driver 3 wood and hybrid clubs when the shot calls for it. Six iron through my wedges are a different story. I think my set up is the same when needing a draw but my swing with those irons just doesn't make it happen. Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe one day the light will come on. Till then, it's always plus to get out and play this crazy, frustrating game.

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    It could be the irons themselves. The lie and length may be working against you depending on how you deliver the club to the ball.

3. Member
    I would say that it is generally harder to work the clubs with more loft. Those clubs create backspin rather than the over spin required for a draw by a right handed golfer. Pros have the same issue.

4. Member
    I used to have an issue of hitting a hard left cut with my driver, 3wood, and not as bad but a decent cut with my hybrid. More loft I went the more it turned into a nice draw that was very easy to play. By the time i would hit PW or SW the shot was completely straight. Was hard as hell to break that habit but improved my score as I was more focused on accuracy instead of distance

5. Member
    If I strengthen my grip enough I can draw or even slightly hook a sand wedge. I play a fade the same way Jack did, although not nearly as consistently.

I can draw my hybrids, irons and wedges on command. Now, it took a hell of alot of practice to get the wedges to draw, due to the loft. Now, the wedges do not draw near as much as lower lofted clubs, but I can get them to move left some. I cannot hit a fade with my irons or wedges if my life depended on it. I keep trying, keep practicing, but they just go straight. I can get the hybrids to fade some, but not enough yet to use it on command.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

7. Banned
    Inside out guys, I can draw a sand wedge about 5 yards. I never need to unless I hit it behind a tree from the tee, which I do a few times a round. The draw on a sand wedge doesn't stop as quickly as a cut though.