Thread: Unsecure?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Russians!!!

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

2. Member
    +1. Web developer/ system admin here. I maintain about a dozen sites that are all using https and I use lets encrypt for all of them. Even have them set up to auto renew. Absolutley free.

Google has nothing to do with https protocol being advocated for.
    2020 Skeeter ZX200 / 200 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by dweber View Post
    +1. Web developer/ system admin here. I maintain about a dozen sites that are all using https and I use lets encrypt for all of them. Even have them set up to auto renew. Absolutley free.

Google has nothing to do with https protocol being advocated for.
    But Google in their totally arrogant way decide to label all websites as unsecure when there's absolutely no need to be secure. We don't have personal information on here and we obviously don't sell anything where it would need to be secure for credit card use, etc.
    I obviously don't have a problem making the BBC Boards secure if nothing else other than to get rid of their damn unsecure "label" but there's a chance that I could run into problems with all of the "connections" from the BBC website, problems I really don't need.
    Absolutely nothing would change if I made the BBC Boards secure.

4. Banned
    The only time you anyone may have an issue getting to the BBC is from corp work network that requires sites visited to have an SSL certificate.

I doubt anyone is getting rich doing SSL certificates (about $5/month). It has nothing to do with Google except you can get them from there but you can get them from GoDaddy and about any hosting service. Google does not have to exist for SSL cert to be required for a website.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    But Google in their totally arrogant way decide to label all websites as unsecure when there's absolutely no need to be secure. We don't have personal information on here and we obviously don't sell anything where it would need to be secure for credit card use, etc.
    I obviously don't have a problem making the BBC Boards secure if nothing else other than to get rid of their damn unsecure "label" but there's a chance that I could run into problems with all of the "connections" from the BBC website, problems I really don't need.
    Absolutely nothing would change if I made the BBC Boards secure.
    Is'nt that Chrome settings doing that? Firefox will also.

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
    Is'nt that Chrome settings doing that? Firefox will also.
    Chrome is owned by Google and they did it first, quite some time ago, then Firefox and others followed suit.
    I personally find it incredible that they can just decide that all websites should be HTTPS when there's not need to be.

7. Banned
    SSL Certs have been around since the 90's, Chrome came out in the 2000's.

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
    SSL Certs have been around since the 90's, Chrome came out in the 2000's.
    And your point?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12