Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trailer registration fee

Who is fighting this new boat trailer sticker fee? Just got mine now $118.
    1991 RANGER 361V 1991 JOHNSON 150 FASTSTRIKE SILVER STAR

2. Member
    Write or call your state rep.

State Representative Jeff Keicher, R-Sycamore, has signed on to co-sponsor House Bill 3851, legislation to reverse the $100 license plate fee hike on the smallest class of trailers. “TA” plates are used for trailers that carry small items (3,000 lbs. or less), such as boats and riding lawn mowers. The annual registration fee was increased on these plates from $18 to $118 as part of the FY20 capital plan signed into law by Governor Pritzker in June 2019.

House Bill 3851 would reduce the trailer flat weight fee (TA plate) for maximum loads of 3,000 lbs. and less from $118 to $18, the amount it was before the recent hike.

“The fee hike on trailer license plates was one provision of the capital bill I was not in favor of as we were called to consider a comprehensive package at the end of session in 2019. The package overall was in excess of 1580 pages and secured important economic incentives that are helping to bring jobs, fix roads, address deferred maintenance, help farmers and small business owners in our region,” Keicher said. “I supported the overall capital agreement with the understanding that we would come back with follow-up legislation in many of these areas. One of the most important to me was to reverse the fee hike on low-weight standard trailers, as well as adjust the $10,000 vehicle trade-in cap. We can address both of these issues on a bipartisan basis to protect taxpayers.”

House Bill 3851 is scheduled for a hearing in the Revenue & Finance Committee. The bill currently has 33 co-sponsors, including six Democrats.
    Please release me,let me go.

3. Member
    Sadly, a rollback is never going to happen. If you think the boat registration bad, your car is next

4. Member
    My car only went up $50 and I use that every day. The boat trailer up $100 and gets used twice a month for five months = 10 days.
    1991 RANGER 361V 1991 JOHNSON 150 FASTSTRIKE SILVER STAR

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryPF View Post
    Sadly, a rollback is never going to happen. If you think the boat registration bad, your car is next
    If you take that attitude and don't contact your elected officials your right. And cars/trucks went up as well.

6. Member
    Thanks Kodiak16. Strength in numbers. United We Stand Divided We Fall.

7. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    It’s ridiculous for sure.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

8. Member
    Is it still a $120 ticket for expired registration? Asking for a friend
    Sean
    2016 Phoenix 721
    Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    Had my valid plate stolen at Newton couple weeks ago.

10. Member
    Thanks for the info, just got my renewal notice today for $118. I'll be reaching out to my rep voicing my displeasure.
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

11. Member
    Yea. In Illinois a trailer plate now costs more than an automobile plate. More of Illinois stealing money from the taxpayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kba747 View Post
    Who is fighting this new boat trailer sticker fee? Just got mine now $118.

12. Member
    Definitely reach out to your rep to ask them to support HB3851 to immediately reduce the $118 fee back to $18.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/Bill...ession=&GA=101

2011 Tracker Pro Team 175 TF
    2011 Mercury 60hp Four Stroke (SN: 1C150894)
    Lowrance HDS 7 Gen2 Touch (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS 9 Carbon w/ SS3D module/transducer (Console)
    Motorguide Xi5 55lb 48" w/ Pinpoint & Gateway

13. Member
    Thanks for the post Kodiak! After hearing of this a few months back I was really outraged!! Dem or Rep supporters alike should be livid!! Well, received my card just yesterday and sent off an email tonight to my rep Mr Walsh asking him to support 3851! Yeah, I'm sure I sounded a little pissy in it but kept it "clean" saying that it's these kind of bills that encourage the mass exodus from our state by outdoorsmen...curious to see if I even get a response back...keep ya posted!

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post
    Write or call your state rep.

State Representative Jeff Keicher, R-Sycamore, has signed on to co-sponsor House Bill 3851, legislation to reverse the $100 license plate fee hike on the smallest class of trailers. “TA” plates are used for trailers that carry small items (3,000 lbs. or less), such as boats and riding lawn mowers. The annual registration fee was increased on these plates from $18 to $118 as part of the FY20 capital plan signed into law by Governor Pritzker in June 2019.

House Bill 3851 would reduce the trailer flat weight fee (TA plate) for maximum loads of 3,000 lbs. and less from $118 to $18, the amount it was before the recent hike.

“The fee hike on trailer license plates was one provision of the capital bill I was not in favor of as we were called to consider a comprehensive package at the end of session in 2019. The package overall was in excess of 1580 pages and secured important economic incentives that are helping to bring jobs, fix roads, address deferred maintenance, help farmers and small business owners in our region,” Keicher said. “I supported the overall capital agreement with the understanding that we would come back with follow-up legislation in many of these areas. One of the most important to me was to reverse the fee hike on low-weight standard trailers, as well as adjust the $10,000 vehicle trade-in cap. We can address both of these issues on a bipartisan basis to protect taxpayers.”

House Bill 3851 is scheduled for a hearing in the Revenue & Finance Committee. The bill currently has 33 co-sponsors, including six Democrats.
    This will teach me to read the entire post - you are in all terms right, this is the way to go.

I did not know that there was a bill to repeal this - hopefully the house and senate will repeal.

15. Member
    I didn't realize Jeff was the co-sponsor. He is my Rep. Sent an e-mail and called as well to express my support. If my math is right, this is a 650% increase, just absurd. Sent to Syverson as well.
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

From my State Rep: (another co-sponsor)

To be honest, with our session being postponed due to the virus I'm not sure what's going to happen with legislation. My hope is that we get it done, but things are up in the air at this point.

Jonathan

State Representative Jonathan Carroll
    57th District Illinois
    3153 Dundee Road
    Northbrook, IL 60062
    p. 847.229.5499
    f: 847.377.9497
    repcarroll.com

Mississippi River Pool 13
    Ranger R93 / Merc 200

17. Member
    Just got mine today.. $118 is ridiculous!
    2002 Triton Tr-21 Merc 250 Pro XB OT430582

18. Member
    I usually never say never, but being this is somewhat normal Illinois legislative taxation by fees , I would get used to the increase.

My 2 cents.

19. Member
    I would be surprised at this point if reversed. State is taking a massive hit with the virus and there will be budget shortfalls.

20. Member
    Ill take the ticket. I didn't know it was expired. In fact I don't know if my tag is expired and don't intend on looking so they cannot catch me in a lie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast