Denver Area Lakes

When do the lakes normally open for boating? Getting ready for this year and just bought a boat so I’m excited to use it especially with with good weather. Second question what’s the best way to register the boat and trailer?

2. Member
    Boyd's open now as well as Pueblo. Horsetooth is about 3 weeks away.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

3. Member
    If you haven't figured it out by now, you'll have to visit CPW office to register the boat. Trailer has to be registered at the DMV. That said, when I bought my boat out of state, the VIN on the trailer was illegible. So I drove for close to a year with no plates on it. Thanks for reminding me though. I renewed my boat registration in December...and lost the tags. So I have to find out what it takes to get new stickers.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Mihibird thanks for the information about the trailer, I sent my boat registration so hopefully I get that back soon but the trailer will be a no go until they start doing VIN checks again. So planned to use the boat and just hope not to get pulled over without plates.

5. Banned
    Delete
    Last edited by riverc; 04-23-2020 at 09:18 PM.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonmj View Post
    When do the lakes normally open for boating? Getting ready for this year and just bought a boat so I’m excited to use it especially with with good weather. Second question what’s the best way to register the boat and trailer?
    Take a trip to Blue Mesa mid May thru June for some lakers,Browns,rainbows and Kokanee the narrows can be good at this time trolling with squids and Kokanee killers.

Riverc thanks I’ll have to check it out, excited to get out on the water soon. Sucks with all this COVID stuff I won’t be fully legal but I want to get off the bank and use the boat I bought and hopefully get my son on some of these Colorado fish!

8. Member
    " get on some Colorado fish"...Haha both of em!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"