The water is warming up at Shell Knob.... and so is the fishin'. 3/10/20

I didn't get home Monday night until almost 10pm so I decided to sleep in again. It was 11 o'clock by the time Ron and I launched his Ranger at Campbell Point. The water temp was 48.6* at the ramp and the water was pretty dirty. We ran to our first spot and I started throwing the ned rig and my hula grub, Ron was twitching a Lucky Craft jerk bait and pitching a jig. We had a keeper largemouth and a keeper smallie in the boat in pretty short order on the bottom bouncers but they wouldn't touch jerk bait. About 2pm the sun came out and they flip/flopped on us. Now they wouldn't touch the ned or the jig but started hitting the jerk bait pretty regularly. We wound up with 15-20 fish and 7-keepers. It was a glorious day to be on the water.....

Last edited by luvdmymerc; 03-11-2020 at 12:38 PM.

2. Member
    Thanks for the report. I went out Tuesday this week and the water was around 46 degrees. We had a couple of keepers, but it was pretty tough. A-rig, jig and jerk bait seemed to be the ticket.

I bet this big rain makes it hard to get in and out of the water but is will be worth it. Can't wait to get back down there....

4. Member

5. Member
    Thanks for sharing looks like a great time

It was..... can't wait to get out again.

7. Member
    Hello all, bringing my grandson to the Shell Knob area to fish a few days early this week.we plan to hit the Campbell Point area the fist day then head to the White River area Wednesday. Hoping to get him on a few. Any tips and suggestions are welcome. Thanks and be safe.

khart.... I haven't been since the flood but I'd say you could probably throw anything you want to throw and get bit. Hope ya'll can find some. Let us know how you do.

9. Member
    We caught a few but had to work at it. few on square bill, fluke style bait, wacky rig green ocho. did not see any beds but water still high and dirty and only seen one buck cruising. hope to be back next week to try it again. Need a week of sunshine and warm temps.

Thanks for the update khart.... I hope to get back down there sometime next week....

11. Member
    I will be there next weekend to try it again. All, let's keep everyone posted and hope to help eachother solve the spawn riddle. Take care and stay safe. Kevin

12. Member
    headed back to the Rock this weekend will be there until Wednesday. If anyone has been out and has a report to share much appreciated. I will post my reports as well.

Can't wait to see your report. Post some pictures if you can. Gary and I went to Stockton yesterday and did well. Lots of fish... and lots of good fish. It was a great trip. Will try to post some pictures before the day is over....

14. Member
    Will do plan is to fish Monday morn putting in at the Shell Knob bridge may head up the White first. Will give report end of day.

16. Member
    Had an Okay day. Caught several Kentucky's today. Caught two on topwater this morn in the fog.

17. Member
    Be back this Thursday. Spawn should be in full swing now.