Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Healthcare Stocks

They have held up decently but I don't understand why they have not held up better. Normally these are seen as defensive and a good sector to hold into a recession because healthcare is not really discretionary. Will these stocks bounce once Sanders is out of the picture? That is the only thing I can think that are holding these stocks down.

2. Member
    I think the healthcare sector is not going to be as strong this time because of the virus. People are going to overwhelm the acute care system and the surgery centers/OR's are going to be down because people are going to put off elective surgeries until things get better. People don't want to risk getting sick right after getting a surgery....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    I think the healthcare sector is not going to be as strong this time because of the virus. People are going to overwhelm the acute care system and the surgery centers/OR's are going to be down because people are going to put off elective surgeries until things get better. People don't want to risk getting sick right after getting a surgery....
    I was thinking more in terms of drug companies, medical device companies and diagnostic companies not so much the hospital companies or insurance companies. I should have specified because healthcare is really a broader term than pharma and medical devices. I would definitely put off any non necessary surgery or doctors appointments so i get what you are saying.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I think the issue is the uncertainty with the political landscape. I don't think there is any way the current system stays the same. No matter who wins there will be changes.
    Thanos was the hero

I know most here stick with big board stocks but there's a little otc company involved in the Healthcare industry that's doing very well right now. PCTL is the ticker. Simply put they make disinfectant machines primarily used in hospitals and other health care facilities. They kill 99% of known viruses and stop HAI's, hospital acquired infections which is a huge problem. They're currently in 8 hospitals in NY and undergoing a 60 day trial in the UK which will be completed this weekend. With the CV hysteria currently going on lots of hospitals, Dr offices, cruise ships etc are looking for help disinfecting rooms or large areas that may have had sick or infected persons staying there. Pctl is getting a lot of calls inquiring about their products and also getting major endorsements from NY hospitals already using their products. It's been running for a few weeks and I'm up 300% but expecting it to go much higher as soon as they update their fins.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I know most here stick with big board stocks but there's a little otc company involved in the Healthcare industry that's doing very well right now. PCTL is the ticker. Simply put they make disinfectant machines primarily used in hospitals and other health care facilities. They kill 99% of known viruses and stop HAI's, hospital acquired infections which is a huge problem. They're currently in 8 hospitals in NY and undergoing a 60 day trial in the UK which will be completed this weekend. With the CV hysteria currently going on lots of hospitals, Dr offices, cruise ships etc are looking for help disinfecting rooms or large areas that may have had sick or infected persons staying there. Pctl is getting a lot of calls inquiring about their products and also getting major endorsements from NY hospitals already using their products. It's been running for a few weeks and I'm up 300% but expecting it to go much higher as soon as they update their fins.
    I should have bought that one a while back when I first found it. Another interesting one is KNOS, but I don't think it's as legit as PCTL from what I've saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    I should have bought that one a while back when I first found it. Another interesting one is KNOS, but I don't think it's as legit as PCTL from what I've saw.
    I was told about both KNOS and PCTL from a friend back in December and didn't jump on either one right away. I added both to my watch list and didn't do any actual research on either till Feb. Based on the hospitals pctl was already in and the UK trials I went pctl. I'm kicking myself for not doing any DD in Dec and buying then since it's up roughly 1200% . It was announced yesterday that they're going into 6 more hospitals this first quarter with more news coming regarding other orders.

8. Member
    I was told about both KNOS and PCTL from a friend back in December and didn't jump on either one right away. I added both to my watch list and didn't do any actual research on either till Feb. Based on the hospitals pctl was already in and the UK trials I went pctl. I'm kicking myself for not doing any DD in Dec and buying then since it's up roughly 1200% . It was announced yesterday that they're going into 6 more hospitals this first quarter with more news coming regarding other orders.
    December was about when I found PCTL too. I found KNOS about a month or so, I guess it was. Both in watch list, but don't own either. Should have bought PCTL this morning earlier when it was at 4, but hindsight is 20/20

PCTL just closed with an 88% gain today, great day. More to follow as another pr stated today that another hospital in NY just ordered their disinfectant system.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    I was thinking more in terms of drug companies, medical device companies and diagnostic companies not so much the hospital companies or insurance companies. I should have specified because healthcare is really a broader term than pharma and medical devices. I would definitely put off any non necessary surgery or doctors appointments so i get what you are saying.
    I think the more this virus thing ramps up, the major device companies are going to see some slow down. They are restricting reps in the hospitals and that will only get more restrictive as we go along. Orthofix, Zimmer, Stryker, almost all of them will see decreased demand for elective surgeries. Their trauma sides should maintain because it's not elective, but I would expect earnings to drop considerably for device companies that rely heavily on elective surgeries.

Pharma should do well in all this, but nobody seems to be escaping the downfall right now.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

11. Member

12. Member
    Futures down another 1000 points. I wouldn’t buy anything now, just holding onto the few stocks I have. Cash is good now, but probably bad in 2021.

13. Member
    where are you seeing 4. i looked at it thismorning and it is at .064 maybe I am not looking at the right symbol I put in pctl and it comes up pctl td. what gives

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ficht158 View Post
    where are you seeing 4. i looked at it thismorning and it is at .064 maybe I am not looking at the right symbol I put in pctl and it comes up pctl td. what gives
    It was at .044 yesterday morning when I saw it was running in my watch list

Quote Originally Posted by ficht158 View Post
    It dipped early yesterday morning to mid .03's then ran to .068. He apparently looked at it when it was at .04 and moving up and yes it closed at .064 yesterday so that's the right one.

17. Member
    KNOS up 130% already today

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    They have held up decently but I don't understand why they have not held up better. Normally these are seen as defensive and a good sector to hold into a recession because healthcare is not really discretionary. Will these stocks bounce once Sanders is out of the picture? That is the only thing I can think that are holding these stocks down.
    Irrational market...

19. Member
    It dipped early yesterday morning to mid .03's then ran to .068. He apparently looked at it when it was at .04 and moving up and yes it closed at .064 yesterday so that's the right one.
    Did you see the PR that KNOS put out on otcmarkets? That one could seriously explode. I think I'm going to add some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Did you see the PR that KNOS put out on otcmarkets? That one could seriously explode. I think I'm going to add some of it.
    PCTL closed up another 47% today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast