Ranger 188 insulating lids

For the guys that have insulated the lids what did you use?

2. Member
    I used gym flooring mats from wallmart they came 5 in a pack
    cut it to the size on the lid and glued with gorilla super glue

The 1" 4x8 foam board from Lowes or Home Depot with the aluminum foil on one side works perfect. It easy to install and the thickness fits the lids perfect. I cut it just a tab bigger than my cardboard template and it pushes in and stays without glueing.
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

4. Member
    Noico product. This will not completely eliminate moisture in the boxes but it did help cut down on lid condensation considerably! I still open my lids after each trip unless it's been very sunny and warm for a while. Even residue moisture on your line and reels will cause white mildew on your gear.

5. Banned
    The foam sheet insulation works great and takes minutes to cut and install.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammiew View Post
    The 1" 4x8 foam board from Lowes or Home Depot with the aluminum foil on one side works perfect. It easy to install and the thickness fits the lids perfect. I cut it just a tab bigger than my cardboard template and it pushes in and stays without glueing.
    Ditto.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

7. Member
    I think I got the 3/4 inch thick cut it exact size it fits without glue
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    Does this actually cut down on the condensation? Or put it BEHIND the insulation so you do not see it? A better way to ask the question is "does this really reduce overall moisture in the box"?

9. Member
    I wondered that exact thing and will not know until I test it out this year, I was especially worried about the live well. I fish Ohio, TN,KY, and have never had a problem with condensation I was just looking for something to do really.

Quote Originally Posted by TexomaDan View Post
    Does this actually cut down on the condensation? Or put it BEHIND the insulation so you do not see it? A better way to ask the question is "does this really reduce overall moisture in the box"?
    I think not. The moisture condenses on the aluminum surface because it’s temperature is below the dew point of the air trapped in the compartment. The underside of the insulation never cools to that point. It is essentially the same temp as the air in the compartment.
    When I insulated mine, I did not cover the support bracket and it still condenses moisture. I have been lazy about fixing that.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

I installed the insulation more for temperature control rather than the moisture. It only took one time for me to open a lid and accidentally touch the underside bare aluminum. I only installed it on the small ice chest lid and my live well lid to help hold back the heat some.
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .