Thread: Back up fuse

Back up fuse

Doesn’t happen every time but in reverse
    i blow my back up fuse in my truck. I have
    a brand new actuator. But it did it before the
    new actuator. The white wire is connected to
    the bottom of the actuator. Any ideas thanks.

Check the blue wire condition from the plug to the selonoid, and all the way back to the back up lights on trailer if you have them. If the wire is exposed and touching the trailer this will happen.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Thanks I appreciate it. I will check that.

Last time i seen this it just happened to be on the truck side. I have seen all the stuff that mike mentioned plenty of times and after replacing the lock out solenoid and rewiring the whole trailer my buddy brought his over, i hooked it up to a 4 wire trailer adapter to his truck and it still blew the fuse. It just happened to get shorted while he was plugging it in to the truck which made him suspect the trailer. Probably would blow without a trailer at that point but you can check continuity between your ground and the blue reverse light wire on your trailer with a meter then start unhooking from there til it goes away. Probably a faulty reverse light

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by Shane s View Post
    The white wire is connected to
    the bottom of the actuator.
    The white wire is ground... You don't have that hooked to the solenoid where the blue wire should go do you?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    The white wire is ground... You don't have that hooked to the solenoid where the blue wire should go do you?
    I hooked the white wire back up to the bottom of the solenoid where it was hooked up before.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Last time i seen this it just happened to be on the truck side. I have seen all the stuff that mike mentioned plenty of times and after replacing the lock out solenoid and rewiring the whole trailer my buddy brought his over, i hooked it up to a 4 wire trailer adapter to his truck and it still blew the fuse. It just happened to get shorted while he was plugging it in to the truck which made him suspect the trailer. Probably would blow without a trailer at that point but you can check continuity between your ground and the blue reverse light wire on your trailer with a meter then start unhooking from there til it goes away. Probably a faulty reverse light
    So where exactly was the short?

So where exactly was the short?
    It was in the big plug that goes thru the bumper- the female 7 way

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

9. Member
    I have no short to the back on both sides of the trailer. The only short I have is the blue and white wire to the actuator. Is this correct? I’m an electrician. But I wasn’t sure. A light bulb shows continuity.

I have no short to the back on both sides of the trailer. The only short I have is the blue and white wire to the actuator. Is this correct? I’m an electrician. But I wasn’t sure. A light bulb shows continuity.
    That means your reverse lockout solenoid is bad. Its a common thing. If you clip the blue wire going to it try your reverse lights and see if they blow the fuse.

11. Member
    That means your reverse lockout solenoid is bad. Its a common thing. If you clip the blue wire going to it try your reverse lights and see if they blow the fuse.
    Thanks I appreciate it.