Thread: Maiden voyage

Maiden voyage

Hit the Merrimack out of the VoTech launch. Main stem 37 degrees, a little patch of 40 at the bottom of the oxbow. Still frozen towards 393. Threw a RipStop and a jig a little across from the launch to no avail (actually... the loop knot came unhitched from the split ring on the jerkbait, so I lost that). Other than that, all systems were GO! Level is about a foot up from summer norms. Give it a couple of weeks, and those backwaters may turn on.
    merrimack.jpgmerrimack moon.jpg

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

I can't wait to get out there.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

3. Member
    Nice! Glad to see I'm not the only one getting out there. Got out this past Sunday, managed to put my boat into a tiny little pond in Nashua just so we could get out for the few hours we had. Caught 2 each, two of them were 2+ lbs, so that was nice. The Sunday before that, we went down to Plymouth, MA, but that cold front shut them down HARD and we got skunked for the first trip of the season. Things are looking good for this weekend!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Caught 2 each, two of them were 2+ lbs...
    Sweet! Nashua River has to be warmer, running out of MA like it does?

5. Member
    By the looks massabesic should be open by the weekend. Boat is ready to role and I'm itching....

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    Sweet! Nashua River has to be warmer, running out of MA like it does?
    Probably, but it usually runs high & fast in the spring just from the run-off from melting. I haven't been by to check it yet in about 1-1/2 weeks, but when I did, there was still a considerable amount of ice on it. The whole main channel will definitely be open, but I'm not so sure on a lot of those coves. It'll be close. I'll give it another 2 weeks or so before I hit that area anyway, I don't have much experience fishing rivers this early in the season. There's a bunch of ponds in this area that are already open now and they're warming up fast.