Thread: Opinions Please

Opinions Please

Quick history, I let a buddy take my G for a fishing trip, he fell in love with it, so he found one near by for sale, I told him to let me know when he was going to go look at it and I would go with him, since I have more experience than he does and that I work on boats for a living, well he didn't let me go with him before he jumped on it. I was out fishing and he called to tell me he was on the water with the boat, I had him come to me, though he was proud I knew upon first site he paid too much. I jumped and drove it and immediately noticed the 225 etec bouncing while on plane. I told him to load up and take it back, HE DIDN'T.  A month later he brings it to my shop, says bouncing is worse and head a loud pop on last outing. You can see in the pics what I found. I do some glass work and gel coat and so on, but I don't know if this is not a broke stringer in the rear. A little history I have since found out on this boat, 94 206, 3 years outside with no cover, ran hard and no transom saver used at all during hauling. I think it may have contacted a log at some point also. So I ask.... attempt fix with bracing or walk away. Thanks.  Note : The Crack on the inside of the transom goes all the way across. For some reason pics are not apearing, the referred to Crack on the inside of transom is 1/4 in to 1/8in wide all the way across.
    Last edited by FUN CHASER; 03-09-2020 at 10:11 AM.
    2000 Tr21, 225 EFI