Thread: Mobile App

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mobile App

Has anyone tried to link/connect units to the Lowrance app? The instructions in the app say to hit the power button and then touch the Mobile App icon to bring up a QR code to scan and recognize your devices. I have the new software loaded on both a Carbon and a Live and there is no Mobile App icon and no QR code. Anyone have more info?

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

2. Member
    Same question. Just installed ghost and carbon then app. Ghost paired but no QR code for carbon.

3. Banned
    I found a qr code, I think it was when you hit the power button again and the menus pop up and hit mobile app or something like that ( sorry I can't remember exactly).

The app on my phone would just shutdown when I tried to scan it and popped up to call customer service so I gave up on it.

This was on a Live unit.

4. Banned
    Anybody got this to work yet?

Tried again today and the app still says contact support when I try to scan the QR code.

5. Member
    Hey, at least you see the QR code. I hit menu and theRe still is no Mobile App icon.

NoCAL
    2B112175

Tried and tried, no mobile app icon and never get a QR code.
    2B576211

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Has anyone tried to link/connect units to the Lowrance app? The instructions in the app say to hit the power button and then touch the Mobile App icon to bring up a QR code to scan and recognize your devices. I have the new software loaded on both a Carbon and a Live and there is no Mobile App icon and no QR code. Anyone have more info?

NoCAL
    I connect often with the app and using the QR code instead of the password. Did not try with the newer software version the .20. I will give a try this afternoon and I will try to video it

1st time linking since the latest update .20

you nee to enable wifi on youre hds, then choose youre unit on the Ipad or phone wifi network
    touch hotspot settings on youre hds then you will see the qr code n the right; open the camera on youre mobile and just look at the qr code. Then you will see a message asling if you allowed the mobile to connect?: yes always
    open the Link app and choose youre unit and allowed remote control
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Thanks Andre

NoCAL
    2B112175

10. Banned
    Pretty sure I tried all that but the app kept shutting down. Might as well try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Dreaming View Post
    Pretty sure I tried all that but the app kept shutting down. Might as well try again.
    delete the app and reinstall it

12. Member
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/lowranceprotips/
    YouTube -https://www.youtube.com/c/LowranceProTips
    2021 PHOENIX 818 PRO
    2021 MERC 175 PROXS

13. Member
    WTF! When I hit power, that spot where you have the Mobile App icon is BLANK. Seriously, I thought I was going crazy. Have you downloaded the new software 20.0 software or still using the prerelease version? Cause I guarendamtee you it is not on either the Carbon nor Live update that I downloaded and installed. Nice to see that it does at least exist even if it’s not on my units. Everytime I tried and the App says “Do you see a QR code” and I didn’t, I was freaking out.

NoCAL
    2B112175

14. Member
    Even though I never see the QR code, I do see the screen that says you are now connected to the Lowrance App. I’ve paired them manually but only the Ghost shows up on the My Devices screen
    2B112175

15. Member
    Yes, I have 20.0 and still have the app logo on my “system controls” after I hit the power button.
    2021 PHOENIX 818 PRO
    2021 MERC 175 PROXS

16. Member
    When you hit the “pages button - system - about” it’s says version 20.0 application 63.1.223 ?
    2021 PHOENIX 818 PRO
    2021 MERC 175 PROXS

17. Member
    Yes, I have the correct version. Downloaded last Saturday. I do have the Lowrance app icon. Just when I hit it, it says already connected to the Lowrance app. There are two Lowrance apps in the App Store. I think since I had it before and did a manual connection, I don’t need the QR code. I’m already connected. Not sure I really need it anyway. I never control my units from my phone

NoCAL
    2B112175

There is 2 apps; LinkPro is for the Navico technicians, the other one is for us. I just try to link with the shortcut and it work flawlessly. Did you register you're unit?

If I were you I would reinstall the latest software and do a hard reset but save youre wpts before.
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. Member
    Ok, that’s exactly how mine looks too. Guess it’s ok.

NoCAL
    2B112175

20. 2022 Ranger Z520R Cup
    I ran through this last week. You must reset the unit (I believe a soft reset will work). It appears that once the unit thinks it is connected you can not connect it again. One you reset and you click on the Lowrance icon you will have the option to connect the Lowrance app.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast