Yamaha OX66 PBS Oil Transfer Problems for Skeeter - Troubleshooting Advice

2001 VMAX 225 HP. The remote oil tank only pumps to the outboard main oil tank using the manual emergency switch (with main key switch on; engine tilt down). Continuity checks out on both the remote tank single float oil level sensor and the main tank double float (3 switch) oil level sensor. The 2002 Skeeter bass boat is unusual in that it only has a single red oil warning lamp (not the 3 LEDs on the digital tachometer on my other boat with OX66s). I have disconnected the oil feed tube at the remote tank to visually verify flow/no flow conditions. With the engine idling and tilted down with the remote oil tank ¾ full and the outboard main oil tank full to the upper arrow, I began draining the outboard oil tank into a container. As the oil level drops to the lower arrow on the outboard tank, the remote oil tank pump does not cut on automatically, as required. It will only pump using the emergency switch. Does this scenario sound familiar to anyone? Any troubleshooting advice is greatly appreciated. I fear the problem is in the Precision Blend System (PBS) control unit within the CDI unit. I hope not $$$$. I just bought this boat used (Winter- lake frozen at the time) and didn’t notice the oil transfer problem while running it on the garden hose. No wonder I got such a good price! ARGHHHHH. Regard, Jim

2. Member
    Post this in the Yamaha forum,you might get a better answer there.