Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bitch Bitch Central

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    Great Job like Always by BASS, if Ray Scott never followed his ideas what would you be bitching about..

That thought really crossed my mind this weekend. Seeing the huge show the Classic and the Expo is plus talking with people from across the world that have a true passion fotlr bass fishing i really appreciate more the dream the Mr. Scott had and followed. We owe him a lot. Glad I was able to meet and visit with him before it was too late.

Heck of a fun weekend. Great show and great folks.

3. Member
    They put on a good pageant tonight. All the amateur’s gowns looked nice. Man what a tight race to the finish when it was finally revealed that cherry won... how long did we have to wait to find out??? Thank god they brought those bass in so the game could be drug out and the suspense carry on. I bet the dozens of fans in the stands were on the edge of their seats seeing who would come out on top with the five biggest of the days. (11 of the 25 didn’t even bring in 15). At least with the “tough” conditions the false parity of catching five kept it tighter then it should have been. Kewl 2020 bass master asterisk.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhadh View Post
    They put on a good pageant tonight. All the amateur’s gowns looked nice. Man what a tight race to the finish when it was finally revealed that cherry won... how long did we have to wait to find out??? Thank god they brought those bass in so the game could be drug out and the suspense carry on. I bet the dozens of fans in the stands were on the edge of their seats seeing who would come out on top with the five biggest of the days. (11 of the 25 didn’t even bring in 15). At least with the “tough” conditions the false parity of catching five kept it tighter then it should have been. Kewl 2020 bass master asterisk.
    All the while “your tour” doesn’t even have a championship this year, and the one they had last year was absolutely terrible. Lol.
    Last edited by catch5; 03-08-2020 at 09:41 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhadh View Post
    TRUE

Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    All the while “your tour” doesn’t even have a championship last year, and the one they had last year was absolutely terrible. Lol.
    You forgot to mention how they screwed some guys that qualified for that mess while fishing under different owners and disallowed them the spot they earned.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    That thought really crossed my mind this weekend. Seeing the huge show the Classic and the Expo is plus talking with people from across the world that have a true passion fotlr bass fishing i really appreciate more the dream the Mr. Scott had and followed. We owe him a lot. Glad I was able to meet and visit with him before it was too late.

Heck of a fun weekend. Great show and great folks.
    Oh Mr. Scott. You mean the guy that lived in a mansion on his own private island off a organization that bank rumped 30% of the anglers year after year knowing that more would show up so he could take advantage of them. You mean the guy that created an organization so bad that all his best anglers packed up and left in a heartbeat knowing that nothing could be worse than where they were. WAKE UP MARK

Quote Originally Posted by samluke36 View Post
    Oh Mr. Scott. You mean the guy that lived in a mansion on his own private island off a organization that bank rumped 30% of the anglers year after year knowing that more would show up so he could take advantage of them. You mean the guy that created an organization so bad that all his best anglers packed up and left in a heartbeat knowing that nothing could be worse than where they were. WAKE UP MARK

Your posts are always such pure entertainment.....

The bad man at BASS must have really scared you...

9. Member
    Why do they just not weigh them while they are on the boat?

10. Member
    I was there in person and there was more than one person grumbling that things were taking too long. Of course things got off on the wrong foot when the first truck driver went the wrong direction and did a lap before coming to the stage. That screwed up the other 24 boats that were to follow and delayed things by 10 or 15 minutes while they got the truck/boat queue straightened out. Then Zaldain was introduced as Huff and Mercer was clearly flustered.

Then giving 25 guys a chance to list their sponsors is repetitive and a time killer. I get what they are trying to accomplish but there has to be a better way especially when 80% of the sponsors are the same for everyone.

Finally Mercer fumbled it toward the end when he took Auten to the trophy and talked to him then climbed into the boat with Cherry. That didn't build the drama it killed it. Timing is everything and that was ill-timed. Let the event build its own drama, don't oversell it.

JMHO.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Why do they just not weigh them while they are on the boat?
    Because most of the goobers at the weigh-in would like to see what a 4lb bass looks like in real life.

They did a pretty good job if you ask me
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

You could add up all the crowds of the MiLF league this year and last still would be a fraction of what bass has

Enjoyed it myself...some of y'all fuss to be fussing... Mercer does a great job..the Classic is the top of the mountain in my mind and congrats to Mr Cherry for climbing it...I fished that causeway and chased those gizzard shad around for hours a couple weeks ago in the ABT and caught notta even though they were there on the graph...dirtier water...higher water...timing...not as persistent... Either way, kudos to you Hank..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    They did a pretty good job if you ask me

I bet the numbers in attendance are impressive...coronavirus fears and all. Definitely a crowd not afraid to spend money.

16. Member
    We went yesterday and enjoyed the expo and weigh in. Not complaining but they kept the lower level reserved too long for life members and I assume sponsors. When the ushers came over and told us we could move closer most didn’t. The upper deck people didn’t even after P A guy announced it. I suggest a shorter time limit for the reserved lower level so at least it’s full and makes for better tv. Just my .02 worth. Nothing this big will ever be perfect though. All in all, me and my grandson had a blast! Thanks for bringing it back to B’ham.

Quote Originally Posted by cmscoach View Post
    We went yesterday and enjoyed the expo and weigh in. Not complaining but they kept the lower level reserved too long for life members and I assume sponsors. When the ushers came over and told us we could move closer most didn’t. The upper deck people didn’t even after P A guy announced it. I suggest a shorter time limit for the reserved lower level so at least it’s full and makes for better tv. Just my .02 worth. Nothing this big will ever be perfect though. All in all, me and my grandson had a blast! Thanks for bringing it back to B’ham.

The sheer number of Life Members in the lobby waiting to get in earky on Friday and Saturday was staggering.

Noticed today the crowds were so large that several of the concession stabds ran out of food and drink. They had to place attendants at the escalators to.limit the amount of people on them at one time. It would taje a good while to walk the main aisle through the area with Skeeter and Toyota display. It was so packed on that main aisle it was crazy.

18. Member
    It appeared the Expo was very well attended. Most didn’t stay around for the weigh in. Too late, too long. Congrats to Cherry!

I watched quite a bit on line, Mercer does a great job at MC.
    If there was one thing that I would change, is having basstrack. It takes away from the real suspense of the final night. Maybe the first 2 days, and turn off for the last. I know I don't have to look at it, but like a fly to a light its there. Hank Cherry really seemed like a great humble angler. Deserved to win, and a great representative of BASS.

20. Banned
    If you make a great business that both the people and your employees (or contractors) are happy you will not get sniped of every living past Classic champion.

I want BASS to always be around but to not see the writing on the wall that you do need to make some changes is just not smart. At times it is hard to swallow the whole conservation thing BASS "pimps" and then allow the anglers to treat fish anyway they want basically. I did not realize how much they let those fish flop around on the carpet until you see an org do it a little diff.

I am not saying one is better than the other all I am saying is that each could learn a little and to think you are doing it all right and not change is what has allowed MLF/BPT to even exist.

That is the truth imho...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast