Bass Master Classic & BassCat Boats

BassCat Boats are doing themselves proud as Hank Cherry is leading & John Crews is in 4th place currently at the classic

Cherry in a Lynx

3. Member
    Cherry, Feider, and Crews!! Congrats on a #1, #4, and #6 placed by the BCB Pro's!!
    Congrats to Cherry on winning the Classic!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    Congratulations to Hank Cherry and BassCat Boats! Most humbled I’ve ever seen Hank, fantastic!!! Feider Man and Crews Missle are awesome and always a treat, way to represent.

5. Member
    Congrats to the BCB pros
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

6. Member
    BCB pros kicked butt at the classic. With the push out west, and the great finishes at the classic looks like BCB is making a big move in the market. Live my Eyra, and look forward to seeing a lot more on the water.

7. Member
    Really great for the BCB family ! Awesome all the way around. Would have been real good if he didn’t get quite as tongue tied in the moment and mentioned his boat sponsor, maybe a plug for the lynx, and mercury. That kind of struck me odd.

Why does anyone think that the type of the boat that they were in was why they won? Did everyone sells their boats and go to a Nitro when Ott won last year? Hank Cherry would have won regardless of which boat he was running.

9. Bobby8
    Quote Originally Posted by angleiron View Post
    Why does anyone think that the type of the boat that they were in was why they won? Did everyone sells their boats and go to a Nitro when Ott won last year? Hank Cherry would have won regardless of which boat he was running.
    We don't. It is simply pride in ownership. We feel BassCat is a great boat started and made by some outstanding people. Think of it as cheering for your favorite sports team. You are happy when they do well.

Hank seems to work well out of the lynx layout. I see him often locally fishing. But in the past ran triton for along time and even skeeter at a point. I would think that to be from Greene boat/ angler choice in NC being local on the triton deal. Not sure how he recently went to bass cat, theres not many dealers in our area but possibly skyline converted him, or I would suspect he hung out with Britt Myers, or John Crews at the ramp too much one day and became a fan then. As for the manufacturer backing, its pretty cool! Kinda like having 3 of your drivers place at the top of the 24 hrs of LeMons.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angleiron View Post
    I just went back and re-read all of the posts in this thread. I fail to see where anybody said or even implied that he won because of the the boat that he was in. Just see a group of people who are proud to be BCB owners.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    I just went back and re-read all of the posts in this thread. I fail to see where anybody said or even implied that he won because of the the boat that he was in. Just see a group of people who are proud to be BCB owners.
    Exactly. I never said he won because he was in a bcb. The boat doesn’t win the tournament. just made a point that it was really good for bcb and everyone that has one. I’m sure an element of pride exists for many owners because we love our boats and want to see brand success just as Mr. Pierce and the team do. It’s a real good time for getting more traction in the market and showcase the models. Especially the lynx since it’s a newer hull. You could tell Hank was caught up in the moment as if winning was surreal but he missed a prime time opportunity on the stage to elevate the brand. Not that it was a deal breaker but nevertheless.