PP fluid question

Got a set of series 1 poles and not sure if someone screwed with them or it busted on its own but the bilge is full of fluid. Gonna get it in the shop Tuesday to try and get it fixed before the first tournament of the year Saturday. Isn’t there a newer fluid in the new poles and should I get them both switched over when they fix the one damaged? The poles were left over from the Basscat factory and new in the original box when I had them installed last May. If it wasn’t kids messing with them should the hoses hold up longer?
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by howard47 View Post
    Got a set of series 1 poles and not sure if someone screwed with them or it busted on its own but the bilge is full of fluid. Gonna get it in the shop Tuesday to try and get it fixed before the first tournament of the year Saturday. Isn’t there a newer fluid in the new poles and should I get them both switched over when they fix the one damaged? The poles were left over from the Basscat factory and new in the original box when I had them installed last May. If it wasn’t kids messing with them should the hoses hold up longer?
    fluid has always been Green Marine fluid hasnt changed. if there leaking that bad sounds either like someone messing with them or an improper install. your sure they are CM 1.0 poles? cant imagine the basscat factory had lefover 1.0 poles but could be wrong.

3. mikesxpress
    Original PP fluid was petroleum. The "green" stuff came out much later.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....584&highlight=

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Original PP fluid was petroleum. The "green" stuff came out much later.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....584&highlight=
    OP stated he had the poles installed last may. Unless installer used a iso32 fluid other then the provided green marine. He would have green marine. Were not talking about 10 plus years ago.