Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    That's a chikenshit thing to do to someone offering a great service in helping you get the correct prop

100% agreed!!!!!!

I have heard of some people that call Don Weed a dozen times for advice/help to fix a problem spending his valuable time ...…………. Then purchase parts elsewhere for a few bucks cheaper... That is an asshat move.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Yeah I agree its not the right thing to do. I run into it often. I work on classic motorcycles an offer parts and accessories at good prices. Some parts you can only get from me now. A week doesn't go by were I get a call and they want me to diagnose it and give them the part numbers to shop else where. Not happening anymore.

In Don's case if I have to contact him about an issue then I buy the parts from him. Its the way it should be.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

As a buyer when I buy something off a board such as what we have on BBC I always assume it is sold as is unless the seller advertises otherwise. It's up to me to do the research and make sure the item is the right fit for me. I see no reason for you (the seller) to refund but I would consider it pending the case but the majority of the time I would tell them I am sorry for their unfortunate situation.

You can tell the person Raker II props have vent holes that can be modified to accept Mercury PVS plugs. I sent my Raker II to Mark Croxten and he drilled the vent holes so they match Mercury PVS holes. Then I bought the appropriate plugs to adjust venting.

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    100% agreed!!!!!!

I have heard of some people that call Don Weed a dozen times for advice/help to fix a problem spending his valuable time ...…………. Then purchase parts elsewhere for a few bucks cheaper... That is an asshat move.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    He May have the motor too high if that's the case all he has to do is lower prop to pad and solve the problem. I have a 25 pitch prop that will work at a lower prop to pad but I've raised the motor and Now it's blowing Out

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    That's a chikenshit thing to do to someone offering a great service in helping you get the correct prop
    Agree

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    100% agreed!!!!!!

Yep pretty pathetic.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrjbass View Post
    But since I sold him what I said it was. Told him idk prev history never ran it.. this isn't my problem correct
    if you want to be the good guy and help him out, I would suggest the you propose for him to pay the back shipping, and give him back what he paid for the prop only.

We have all had to deal with situations like your where somebody thinks that buying an item is for trial test, or they may have been told that particular prop would work for them.

Your call. My best to you.

9. Member
    I have bought more crap online than I can even begin to count. No way it would even be a thought in my head to ask for my money back if it did not work. It is his problem, and he knew when he bought it there was a possibility it would not work. This is not Wamart?
    2009 Tracker PT190
    80lb Xi5
    Dual Power Poles
    6inch Plate
    HDS
    Stainless ComancheSteering wheel
    Stainless pop-up tiedowns
    Comanche Passenger rodholder
    Boat Buckle Rod Straps
    JBL Stereo with JBL10" Marine Sub.
    150 ProXS, 25 Trophy Plus, 72mph GPS (light), 24 Fury @68mph (heavy)

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turbocoupe View Post
    I have bought more crap online than I can even begin to count. No way it would even be a thought in my head to ask for my money back if it did not work. It is his problem, and he knew when he bought it there was a possibility it would not work. This is not Wamart?

I Agree!!

Its the Wallmart society that makes everyone think they can buy whatever and return it whenever no questions. People are really spoiled. If I knew what I was buying and it didn't work for me then its on me to deal with it. I have bought props before that didn't work out. I ended up reselling it on my own and take the loss.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Unless you described it wrong its on him. You did not say "Try it" you said "Buy it"!
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12