Vexus VX 20/21 Performance Numbers

Where are numbers for speed on these rigs? Haven’t seen much and from what I have seen they are poochs...I am looking at the VX line but have some serious concerns about performance of the boats. Hard to pay $75-85k for a boat to get passed by everything else on the water.
    Last edited by speedytriton; 03-07-2020 at 10:00 AM.

2. Member
    Just get the 300 and you wont have to worry

3. Member
    I am running a demo VX20 right now with a Merc V8 250. This is one of the first boats made and it is a little heavier then the production boats. It runs 72-74 with 2 people and tourney load. I just fished a tourney at Okeechobee this weekend and we had 20-30 mph winds. Where this boat really shines is when its is gassing and rough. I passed I think 6 boats on the morning run because most were having to slow down due to the size of the waves. I was able to keep it pretty well pinned and rode out. Coming back was a solid 2-3 ft waves and I was able to keep it around 50-55. I could certainly have pushed it a lot harder but didnt really need to beat everything up. I am working on putting together a video from this weekend and show how well it rode both in the morning and on the way back.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidson1195 View Post
    Just get the 300 and you wont have to worry
    I already have a 300 v8 4S on my Triton for this year. First time with 300 as I usually order with a 250.

KG. Thank you. Those are pretty respectable numbers. I’m just looking at ideal conditions top speed. The rough stuff doesn’t bother me, I fish the Great Lakes and fish tournaments that have walleye boats and I pass them and other brand bass boats in my Triton. Big wave driving is more driver skill and correct propping than boat brand in my opinion. I like the looks and fit and finish of the Vexus just haven’t heard great performance numbers.

5. Member
    As promised. Below is the video for my run at Okeechobee with my VX20. Sorry for the shot not staying in place as I was using a new mount for my Go Pro. Video in the morning shows me running down really 5 boats from the Kissimmee River to Harney Pond. Let me know what you think.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill

6. Banned
    Nice run thanks for sharing

7. Banned
    I about fell asleep watching that.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    They are going to be low 70s boats. The guys building these boats have never been interested in building the fastest boat on the water. They have always wanted to be the best FISHING boat on the water. They want a boat that performs good but RIDES GREAT! After one trip to lake of the Ozarks last fall in a VX20, they have built the best riding/handling boat I have ever been in. I sold boats (Rangers) for 10 years, so I have been in a lot of boats over that time, and nothing compares to the ride of the new Vexus. You will be running a consistent 2-3 MPH FASTER than other tournament boats simply because they ride so much better and are easy to drive in rough water. Yes, WOT in perfect conditions there will be lots of boats faster, but that same boat at tournament take off or windy conditions you will drive right by them.

I have an aluminum 2080, and I find myself even in it driving 5-6 mph faster in conditions then I would have in my 481VS all while it being smoother!

9. Member
    Cool video but those are far from rough conditions. That’s like a prime running chop lol. I’m talking about 3-5 foot rollers as I am accustomed to the Great Lakes. I’m more talking about ability to keep the nose up, avoid spearing and porpoising, etc. The boats are built well but in my eyes but to be a total package you need some speed as well. I’ve owned several brands and the two things I can tell you is driver ability is huge and all bass boats are not great in the truly rough stuff, people are going to tell you the boat they have big money invested in is the best, just the nature of the beast. I love they have air ride seats which is a big deal. I just can’t get past the fact of dropping $20k more than a Triton to get passed by the Triton’s lol. I have taken test rides in the Vexus walleye and bass boats, no complaints ride wise but it also wasn’t like “oh wow” this is the best rides that’s ever been built. I guess I might just have to pull the trigger and order one after the next few months in my new Triton.
    thanks for the info guys, appreciate it as getting speed numbers out of vexus guys is worse than trying to pull teeth.

I got a call late this afternoon from a friend who got to ride in a VX20. He's owned lots of boats, including several Rangers, so he usually doesn't get too excited about riding in a bass boat. He told me that he has never been in a boat that rides as smooth as this boat does and I could hear the excitement in his voice. Now all he has to do is convince his wife!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Banned
    If we running across the other side of that lake, I would already have 15 minutes of fishing time in before you caught up with me.

12. Member
    Can’t wait to see the math on this “If” scenario. If “across the lake” is 15 mile you would have to be going 60mph faster, 30 mile/30mph faster, etc.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    Can’t wait to see the math on this “If” scenario. If “across the lake” is 15 mile you would have to be going 60mph faster, 30 mile/30mph faster, etc.
    20 - 25 mph faster ......... Lake Okeechobee is a big lake

14. Member
    That math doesn’t work, but I loved the imagery of the whole scenario. Lake O is only 40 miles long and 30 miles wide, so the delta would have to be larger than 25mph to arrive 15 minutes sooner.

I watched the video. Still waiting for the rough water part.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    That math doesn’t work, but I loved the imagery of the whole scenario. Lake O is only 40 miles long and 30 miles wide, so the delta would have to be larger than 25mph to arrive 15 minutes sooner.
    Once you get to the other side, you may have to run up the rim canal a ways....

17. Member
    Ok, thanks for playing along. My mind sees numbers and math equations all the time, so I have a weird take on life sometimes. Glad you got across the lake safely.