Thread: Spring update.

mikesxpress

Spring update.

The past two weeks have been about as good as it can get for Feb/March. Water temps from 48° to 53° (54.5 at 4:30 on Thursday!) in the afternoon, grass is growing a bit, weather/wind cooperating a few days each week, and the only boats I saw were waterman running gear.

I even took a half day to gather some fish fry material

2. Member
    Couple of nice ones.

3. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    perch filets - doesn't get much better.

4. Member
    Hot damn, here we go.

5. Member
    Nice job! Thanks for taking the time to post. Glad to hear some grass is growing. Hopefully the milfoil makes a comeback.

One of these days Mike is going to slip up and show us which color/size magic Senko he uses. Then we'll all be posting pics like these.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

7. mikesxpress
    No Stinko's were harmed in today's outing.

8. mikesxpress
    Couple more weeks and the bank beaters can get to them. Nice days and a few more boats out.

9. Member
    Mike, that is purely inspirational and now I have to figure out to find time to get out there and enjoy that....hopefully LOL

10. mikesxpress
    1st head for 2020.

Lots of folks out this week with stuff shutting down.
    Social distancing on the river M-Thurs is 150 yards to protect us old retired guys. Fri-Sun you can slobber all over each other like normal..

11. mikesxpress
    Water temp 58-62°.
    Clarity pretty good most places.
    Full moon coming up and looks like the temperature is stabilizing a bit. The weekday isolation has been eliminated with folks packing the boat ramps which is inclusive of Ya'hooers so I'm going to curtail most of my outings until something changes. It was fun while it lasted.....

12. Member
    I'm glad crowds at boat ramps stayed further south, Leesylvania was pretty tame yesterday (Friday), maybe 20 - 30 trailers in the parking lot at noon. The traffic going home to Fredericksburg at 5:00PM was non-existent, kind of bitter sweet though knowing the lack of traffic is a result of C-19.

The fishing has been really good, I'm surprised at the how fat the fish are, nice footballs, lots of 2 - 3 pounders to be caught right now, and of course the damn snake heads which result in instant break-offs fishing soft plastics.

13. mikesxpress
    Social distancing in the timber in advance of turkey season opener and snagging a few morels for dinner.

14. mikesxpress
    One more turkey tag left and a few more morels.

15. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar

I missed this, did the bass get ya Mike?

16. mikesxpress
    No sir. Hook is just laying there.