Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New z-20 came in!

Finally got my new z-20 in. Got the pro package, added second console, compartment fans, led lighting, kicker stereo, and th marine jack plate.

I had the dealer add a minnkota alternator charger, jack plate gauge and a two way alarm system. Only things left for me to install are the talon anchor light and the rod holder straps. Will do that and throw a coat of wax on it.

I did the two hour break in today out on Lake Washington, quite the difference coming from the 195 tracker. Definitely need to be trimmed all the way down on take off or it will porpoise like crazy. During the full throttle runs on the break in procedure I hit 71-72 fairly loaded with a full tank of gas, around 69-70 after I filled the livewells. Seemed to run best fully trimmed with the jack plate around the middle height. Only ran full throttle for a minute or so at a time, so not sure I found the best jack plate / trim settings. Boat came with a 24p fury.

Did these boats come with a spare prop holder under the rear compartment or just the z21? 24 fury a good setup for this boat? Thanks for any help, this place has been a great resource for info when I was making the choice on a boat upgrade.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

2. Dogfish_Jones
    Nice rig and enjoy

Mine did not come with a spare prop holder. The 24 Fury will give you what you will need and a little more. Once you get a good 5 hours of break in on the engine, you will find you will get mid to high 70’s on calm waters.
    Last edited by Dogfish_Jones; 03-07-2020 at 03:51 AM.

3. Member
    Nice boat. Waiting somewhat impatiently for the ice to go out here so my new one can go in
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

Congratulations on a beautiful rig.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

5. Member
    Very nice... enjoy it

6. Member
    great looking rig congrats & good luck.

7. Member
    Nice rig enjoy. Now time to catch fish.

8. Member
    Congrats

9. Member
    Nice boat!

10. Member
    Got my Z-20 late last year. Broke it in at Lake Tapps. Only had it out once this year. Came from a Z-7.

Congratulations. Nice looking rig!
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Awesome!!! Now go have some fun!!!
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

13. Member
    Awesome looking! grats. enjoy!

Are the rod holder straps not factory? I seen a boat don't recall brand that had "retractable" straps.. seemed like an awesome idea

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Finally got my new z-20 in. Got the pro package, added second console, compartment fans, led lighting, kicker stereo, and th marine jack plate.

I had the dealer add a minnkota alternator charger, jack plate gauge and a two way alarm system. Only things left for me to install are the talon anchor light and the rod holder straps. Will do that and throw a coat of wax on it.

I did the two hour break in today out on Lake Washington, quite the difference coming from the 195 tracker. Definitely need to be trimmed all the way down on take off or it will porpoise like crazy. During the full throttle runs on the break in procedure I hit 71-72 fairly loaded with a full tank of gas, around 69-70 after I filled the livewells. Seemed to run best fully trimmed with the jack plate around the middle height. Only ran full throttle for a minute or so at a time, so not sure I found the best jack plate / trim settings. Boat came with a 24p fury.

Did these boats come with a spare prop holder under the rear compartment or just the z21? 24 fury a good setup for this boat? Thanks for any help, this place has been a great resource for info when I was making the choice on a boat upgrade.
    What talon anchor light did you get? Nice looking boat BTW.

15. Member
    Russell marine products for talon with Bluetooth.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Russell marine products for talon with Bluetooth.
    Cool thanks

17. Member
    Very nice boat like the dual console and the color combination.

2019 Z19

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ike12 View Post
    Awesome looking! grats. enjoy!

Are the rod holder straps not factory? I seen a boat don't recall brand that had "retractable" straps.. seemed like an awesome idea
    Rod holders were sitting in the glovebox when I picked up my boat, not sure if they were supposed to install them at the dealer but it was easy enough to install myself.

i don’t think the retractable rod straps would work with my gunnels with the led strips. Just not much fiberglass on them. The rod locker wasn’t going to happen either.

Sweet boat. Enjoy and congrats.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

20. Member
    tricked out marine has a talon light for $37 shipped. EZ install

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast