New to Xpress/X18 150 SHO

Hello

i am considering purchasing a new X18 with 150 SHO. I previously had a Skeeter ZX200 and while I dont expect the Aluminum boat to preform like the glass I am wondering what to expect.

• top speeds
    • handling
    • stability walking in the boat
    • handling in rougher water ( dry ride)

I appreciate any feedback on this model. Thanks in advance.
    Dan

2. Member
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the Xpress. Have owned 2 and found them to be well made, durable, and with the Hyper Lift hull perform very well.

Set up properly, I would expect 62-64 mph from your boat.

These are solid hulls and handle moderately rough water quite well. Due to the lack of a deep Vee at the bow the really large waves will cause some pounding.

The ride is dry except for crossing quartering waves with the wind blowing at about a 45 degree angle which is true of many glass boats.

You will enjoy your Xpress and wonder why you waited so long to get one.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the Xpress. Have owned 2 and found them to be well made, durable, and with the Hyper Lift hull perform very well.

Set up properly, I would expect 62-64 mph from your boat.

These are solid hulls and handle moderately rough water quite well. Due to the lack of a deep Vee at the bow the really large waves will cause some pounding.

The ride is dry except for crossing quartering waves with the wind blowing at about a 45 degree angle which is true of many glass boats.

You will enjoy your Xpress and wonder why you waited so long to get one.
    I waited so long cause I loved my Skeeter. But, I just this year decided to go back to Aluminum cause they seem to match my lakes and river area more appropriately. I am also expecting the cost to operate be a little cheaper. Def will give follow up once purchased today and used. Thanks for the information.

Dan