Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I thought Dave said it was a record number?

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by izzylipz View Post
    Lining up for Red Crest
    Think they’ll draw 500 this year?? That might even be a stretch. Lol

3. Member
    It's official now, the Classic is the Grey Cup of fishing. Redcrest is the world championship with the best fisherman on the planet and a live scoreboard. Do you really think you would be talking about how great Brady and Jordon were if they never knew what the score was and didn't have to perform under pressure? Brady goes into the 2 minute drill drive down one score.....nope he didn't know he was behind. Jordon with 7 seconds left down 2pts drives the lane to.... nope never knew what the score was clock ran out and 3 hours later they told him he lost by two points. Wha Wha Whaaaaaaaat! I like how Hartman enters two final day tournaments in 9th and 10th place and wins! Like any of the veterans on BPT are going to let someone who is 10 pounds behind on the final day beat them. Anyone who wins this classic needs an asterisk after their name because this year they didn't beat the best.

THE END

4. Member
    Yeah Sam I was just watching Redcrest on TV from last year and was sure exciting watching 1.5 lb. fish one after another being caught. Almost like paint drying . And I’m a painter. All the relevant none owners will leave MLF after next year. The End.

5. Member
    Friday is always a low attendance day for weigh in just because it last so long but nothing will ever replace the classic no matter who’s fishing it will always be considered the super Bowl of Bass Fishing Period

Quote Originally Posted by samluke36 View Post
    It's official now, the Classic is the Grey Cup of fishing. Redcrest is the world championship with the best fisherman on the planet and a live scoreboard. Do you really think you would be talking about how great Brady and Jordon were if they never knew what the score was and didn't have to perform under pressure? Brady goes into the 2 minute drill drive down one score.....nope he didn't know he was behind. Jordon with 7 seconds left down 2pts drives the lane to.... nope never knew what the score was clock ran out and 3 hours later they told him he lost by two points. Wha Wha Whaaaaaaaat! I like how Hartman enters two final day tournaments in 9th and 10th place and wins! Like any of the veterans on BPT are going to let someone who is 10 pounds behind on the final day beat them. Anyone who wins this classic needs an asterisk after their name because this year they didn't beat the best.

THE END

Drink another beer....

7. Banned

THE END
    Yeah it sure was exciting watching Evers catch dink after dink in that creek and run away with it. Did he even a 2 pounder in the the whole bunch of them?? That tournament was a joke to be called a “championship”.

8. Banned
    Some get all out of shape over the facts. It is just a thing. Relax. It will work out. Watched Bassmaster live some and really thought i was on another planet. Gonna take some real thought to try to take in what is going on.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Think they’ll draw 500 this year?? That might even be a stretch. Lol
    Seriously how out of touch with reality is "five bass guy". Duckett is a unbelievable businessman no matter what we all think of him as a person. He now has 9 BPT tournaments and 5 MLF cups. He sells six 2 hour shows PER TOURNAMENT and MLF CUP event to Discovery, Outdoors, and Stortsman's channel and 1 hour block to CBS. He sells all his catalog of shows (done over the years) to My Outdoors TV streaming service. And he picks up another half hour segment on Outdoor Channel and My Outdoors for All Angles. He locked all the best anglers into a two year contract which was easy because BASS is the worst place to work. WHAT ARE THEY DOING WITH ALL THE MONEY!!!! OH that's right he he walked into FLW corporate office and bought them out and then to satisfy demand for his product he (under pressure for more content) introduced a new tournament Heavy Hitters and threw in a 750K purse for 30 anglers. There might be signing bonuses next year. Or Boyd could just quit and spend his time under a palm tree for the rest of his life.

10. Banned

THE END

Ahhhh how sweet, you have a crush on the mlf guys. Bless your heart.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Yeah it sure was exciting watching Evers catch dink after dink in that creek and run away with it. Did he even a 2 pounder in the the whole bunch of them?? That tournament was a joke to be called a “championship”.
    But with that can't you say BPT learned and now has higher minimums? BPT/MLF seems to be searching for ways to make it better. It was not perfect out of the box but there is a crowd of top tier anglers and bait companies that see something over there.

BASS to me is a little like KMart. KMart had decades when it came to a head start over Walmart but they did not make the product better, they did not change from the old "Blue Light Special" and paid the price.

12. Member

THE END
    every post you make I think to myself that you can’t be any more arrogant, but then you prove me wrong by making another post. I’m surprised you called out Hartman since he’s from CNY. Obviously your bias clouds your judgement. When you say upstate NY, do you mean south of Albany? Because that explains a lot of it is.

also you do know that he doesn’t sell anything to the outdoor channel, sportsmans channel, the my outdoor TV app and Discovery right? KSE owns every single one of those companies so they are just showing their own products. It’s like a Jeep dealer seeking dodge and ram. Same company, same profit.
    Last edited by ECobb91; 03-07-2020 at 09:07 AM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Drink another beer....
    Come on Mark you know you love to watch a bunch of guys standing in a circle with their left arm in a tank of water. You know you're that old flip 70's guy. Yeah change is hard.......

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    every post you make I think to myself that you can’t be any more arrogant, but then you prove me wrong by making another post. I’m surprised you called out Hartman since he’s from CNY. Obviously your bias clouds your judgement. When you say upstate NY, do you mean south of Albany? Because that explains a lot of it is.

also you do know that he doesn’t sell anything to the outdoor channel, sportsmans channel, the my outdoor TV app and Discovery right? KSE owns every single one of those companies so they are just showing their own products. It’s like a Jeep dealer seeking dodge and ram. Same company, same profit.
    WOW a blast from...."MOHAWK VALLEY". Classic! Need to save that one.

15. Member
    Seriously how out of touch with reality is "five bass guy". Duckett is a unbelievable businessman no matter what we all think of him as a person. He now has 9 BPT tournaments and 5 MLF cups. He sells six 2 hour shows PER TOURNAMENT and MLF CUP event to Discovery, Outdoors, and Stortsman's channel and 1 hour block to CBS. He sells all his catalog of shows (done over the years) to My Outdoors TV streaming service. And he picks up another half hour segment on Outdoor Channel and My Outdoors for All Angles. He locked all the best anglers into a two year contract which was easy because BASS is the worst place to work. WHAT ARE THEY DOING WITH ALL THE MONEY!!!! OH that's right he he walked into FLW corporate office and bought them out and then to satisfy demand for his product he (under pressure for more content) introduced a new tournament Heavy Hitters and threw in a 750K purse for 30 anglers. There might be signing bonuses next year. Or Boyd could just quit and spend his time under a palm tree for the rest of his life.

FLW came out the gate strong as well and we see what happened to them. Lets see what happens when contracts expire and the new wears off.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

16. Member
    I have a friend working the show, and he said the Friday crowd was normal for that day. The only thing that could keep people from coming is the fear of the coronavirus, not the names of the competitors. I work part-time at a BPS store, and I can tell you that 90% of our customers don't know who most of the pros are. Unless your name is Dance, Martin, Parker, Van Dam, or Iaconelli you are anonymous to most consumers. For example, we sell Bill Dance rod/reel combos and Jordan Lee rod/reel combos and there's a lot more people that know Bill Dance. The guys fishing the Classic today will be the heroes of tomorrow to a lot of these people.

Ok, all those FOR the current Classic format line up on the left, all those AGAINST it line up on the right. 3....2....1....

Ranting incoherently

18. Member
    Bassmaster Asterisk.

19. Member

THE END
    For the redchest to be the biggest tournament in the game you would sure think they’d have it every year. Where are they fishing it this year?

20. Member
    MLF isn't paid by Discovery, CBS or any other network.....MLF BUYS the airtime from all those networks, but don't let facts get in the way. It is a costly model and frankly unsustainable.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast