Thread: White bass run

White bass run

Whats a rough water temp / time of year for the white bass run. Noticed trees are budding and 60's are in the forecast for next week. Guessing its within the next few weeks depending on weather but not tried to time it before.

2. Member
    Week or so before the domestic dogwoods bloom till the blooms are gone. This is for tville.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Twofish View Post
    Week or so before the domestic dogwoods bloom till the blooms are gone. This is for tville.
    Hummmm ive already seen a couple dogwood trees blooming.

4. Member
    Growing up i always heard this about wild dogwoods blooming, but there weren't many that had dogwoods other than dug up out of the woods & transplanted in their yards either. . This is also the time that suckers were sholing. I've walked a many a mile up the backwaters of creeks with a bunch of friends dragging our feet gigging suckers & loved it. Nobody does it nowadays that i know of.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Growing up i always heard this about wild dogwoods blooming, but there weren't many that had dogwoods other than dug up out of the woods & transplanted in their yards either. . This is also the time that suckers were sholing. I've walked a many a mile up the backwaters of creeks with a bunch of friends dragging our feet gigging suckers & loved it. Nobody does it nowadays that i know of.
    Is there a timing difference between wild and store bought

It's been SEVERAL years since I white bass fish. If my memory is correct at 55 you notice them start running at the lower end of the head waters. At 60 they are in full spring run mode and can be found in the last 2-3 mile section of the main water system before you get to the first riffle in the feeder system.

7. Member
    They have gene jockied dogwoods for bigger fuller blooms. Those are the ones I’m talking about. I had one at my last house and it only missed one time because of a late hard freeze. Look around some of the neighborhoods ther around you, as soon as you see a few open you are good to go.

8. Member
    How are they eating wise. I was mainly hoping to grab a bunch and fill the freezer before I start in on Crappie.

9. Member
    I think in MO it's the Red Buds that coincidence with the white bass run, at least according to my granddad.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    How are they eating wise. I was mainly hoping to grab a bunch and fill the freezer before I start in on Crappie.
    A little red meat that most cut out, otherwise fine.

11. Member
    They will start up the feeder creeks @ 50 deg. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.