Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vexus® VX21 Carbonite Special Edition

Here’s a closer look at the new Vexus® VX21 Carbonite Special Edition.
    This boat is here at the Academy Sports + Outdoors Bassmaster Classic® presented by Huk in Birmingham, AL. Stop by booth #2647 to check it out for yourself!

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

C5.jpg

C7.jpg

C8.jpg

C9.jpg

C10.jpg

C11.jpg

C6.jpg

Looks amazing. Wish I had deep pockets
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

3. Member
    That is the best looking bass boat I have ever seen in my lifetime. Vexus is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

4. Member
    Wow. When I read the title I thought it said Carbonlite. I couldn’t imagine why they had a boat named after my BPS fishing rods.
    Reading really is fundamental.

5. Member
    Do you know how many their going to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    Wow. When I read the title I thought it said Carbonlite. I couldn’t imagine why they had a boat named after my BPS fishing rods.
    Reading really is fundamental.
    You werent the only one- not my rods for sure but i thought it was named after them

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    You werent the only one- not my rods for sure but i thought it was named after them

You have to wonder if it was in fact a shot across BP's bow.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Han Solo got the first production Carbonite hull
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    Han Solo got the first production Carbonite hull
    Are you saying this is a fictional substance ?

Carbonite may refer to:

So what part of the boat is infused with Carbonite and which of the Carbonites are used?

Last edited by Grizzly; 03-10-2020 at 01:40 PM.

10. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    or it might be as simple as the primary color on the boat is called "Carbonite" ?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    or it might be as simple as the primary color on the boat is called "Carbonite" ?

LOL....

M

12. Member
    Good looking boat! It appears to have a pretty deep "V" compared to others. Looks like it would provide a nice ride.

Well done!

M

Are you serious Clark?

So you have a "glass-infused aluminum hybrid design" with really means an aluminum boat with fiberglass components not aluminum infused with fiberglass.

Now there's this boat which is "carbonite infused composite construction" which is really just the color of the boat not carbonite used in the construction process.

Great looking boat.

14. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Are you serious Clark?

So you have a "glass-infused aluminum hybrid design" with really means an aluminum boat with fiberglass components not aluminum infused with fiberglass.

Now there's this boat which is "carbonite infused composite construction" which is really just the color of the boat not carbonite used in the construction process.

Great looking boat.

i am assuming you are being sarcastic, at least that's they way i am taking it.
    The name of the boat is "Carbonite" and it is built with "infused composite construction".
    if you want to know what that is - watch this

But you are right - Beautiful Boat !

So its a combination of no chopper gun like bullet, allison, etc without the kevlar and carbon fiber, then vacuum bagged like a bass cat. Definitely makes em lighter and stronger without all the excess resin

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

16. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    So its a combination of no chopper gun like bullet, allison, etc without the kevlar and carbon fiber, then vacuum bagged like a bass cat. Definitely makes em lighter and stronger without all the excess resin
    Yeah - i don't believe Bass Cat "Vacuum Bags" their boats. most all Bass Boat Manufacturers used what is termed as "Closed Cell Bag Molding" on smaller fiberglass parts like Consoles, trailer fenders, Center Coin boxes.
    as far as i know the only bass boats currently using what you are calling the "Vacuum Bag" process for the deck and hull is Vexus and i think maybe Ballistic. - of course i am bias and think ours is better process :-)

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NORRIS CRAFT 1 View Post
    That is the best looking bass boat I have ever seen in my lifetime. Vexus is definitely a force to be reckoned with.
    Have a look at the new skeeter...

18. Banned
    It's funny I was listening to some these same guys 5-6 years ago when I was buying my ranger. They claimed ranger was the best built boat in the industry (I like mine) now everything else is junk. Lol.... some of that material looks like pulltrusion to me...

nice boats, way outta my league tho...

Yeah - i don't believe Bass Cat "Vacuum Bags" their boats. most all Bass Boat Manufacturers used what is termed as "Closed Cell Bag Molding" on smaller fiberglass parts like Consoles, trailer fenders, Center Coin boxes.
    as far as i know the only bass boats currently using what you are calling the "Vacuum Bag" process for the deck and hull is Vexus and i think maybe Ballistic. - of course i am bias and think ours is better process :-)
    I agree you have a good process but i can think of maybe 10 besides bass cat that does what the industry calls “vacuum bagging” the entire hull just like youre doing- i guess it can be called anything. Theres more runabouts and saltwater boats doing it these days also once they figured out how much lighter it is, but they also use a chopper gun- advantage goes to vexus on that one. Bass cat even has videos of them doing their hulls on their site

20. Banned
    I agree you have a good process but i can think of maybe 10 besides bass cat that does what the industry calls “vacuum bagging” the entire hull just like youre doing- i guess it can be called anything. Theres more runabouts and saltwater boats doing it these days also once they figured out how much lighter it is, but they also use a chopper gun- advantage goes to vexus on that one. Bass cat even has videos of them doing their hulls on their site
    The basscat vacuum process looks kinda redneck compared to Vexus. Don't get me wrong I think its all a bit over-rated, but the Vexus is a notch above in that aspect. Really its all splitting hairs, pay 25% more for something 5% better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast