Fiberglass from PP

Just picked up a used pair of 8 foot Power pole Pro's. I didnt realize that the fiberglass pole itself would splinter like mine are doing. I carried them by the poles when i loaded and unloaded and ended up with fiberglass splinters in my hands from them. not big ones but enough that it was an irritant. I see PP sells covers for them, is that why they sell those to prevent it from happening? you can see them on the poles if you look real hard, just tiny hair like slivers. Is there another way to eliminate this?

Let power pole know
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I would call powerpole and they will send you a brand new set of spikes free they have a lifetime warranty , (feee replacement) you can order a set of spike wraps to put on the new ones if you choose.

4. mikesxpress
    You can use shrink tube from Harbor freight and cover them down to within 6" of the tip. Cheap fix.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    You can use shrink tube from Harbor freight and cover them down to within 6" of the tip. Cheap fix.
    Cheapest fix is brand new set of free spikes from Power Pole actually.

6. mikesxpress
    The original poles made of true fiberglass could not be touched for that reason and the shrink tube prevented the splinters. If PP will replace them under warranty even though they are not really damaged, that would be great!

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    The original poles made of true fiberglass could not be touched for that reason and the shrink tube prevented the splinters. If PP will replace them under warranty even though they are not really damaged, that would be great!
    lifetime free spike replacement on all models of Power Poles