Anyone end up with a 195 after contemplating a 195 vs Nitro Z18/19?

Just wondering if so how do you feel now that you are in the 195?

Currently have a 99 tracker 190 but want a beefier, faster more organized boat... Love the 195 but I also love the Nitro Z series 18 or 19.. Nitro would also be a much "different" boat than what I am use to.

Thanks for any input
    Last edited by ike12; 03-06-2020 at 12:55 PM.

2. Member
    We're looking at a new Z20 - just for the storage ffs.

The storage in the 190's is just plain terrible.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

3. Member
    I did. Lack of potential for hull blisters was my main factor in the decision probably. Fuel economy weighed in too but honestly the weight is not that much less. I liked the versatrack system as I thought I would end up crappie fishing more but that did not pan out.

4. Member
    I did. I Get bps employee discount too. Also put a 115 pro xs on the 195. Tournament addition to save a few more bucks. Would of rather had the nitro but I probably would of beat it up anyway...more stable, better storage, better carpet, drier softer ride. The first time I launched my boat I undid the transom tie downs and bow hook, got in and had someone back me in the last couple feet and the boat started sliding off in slow motion as soon as the tranny hit reverse ..boat bounced off ramp twice before sliding into the water. ..one small chip on the plug opening is all that happened..I think I woulda been far worse off in the nitro in that situation. After fishing in a nitro 18, ranger 198 and a vexus tin, the nitro fished and rode better but fiberglass ain't for me.

5. Member
    Just sold my 2010 Skeeter 21 fx .Wanted something not as heavy and easier upkeep. Bought a 2019 - 195 TXW tournament edition
    with a 150 pro Xs. Rear storage compartments are smaller but I knew that .Rig runs good and jumps out of the hole. My only complaints are/ The inside of compartment lids sweat pretty bad. Trying to come up with a fix. Hope this helps, Steve

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Some folks are gluing insulation or exercise mats to the undersides of the storage compartment lids to reduce condensation.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

7. Member
    Thanks for the info
    steve

8. Member
    Yep got foam insulation sheets from a local fabric store and glued them to all my lids and the inside if the cooler. Seems to keep the live well cooler too.