Thread: Grand Design

Grand Design

Just ordered an Imagine XLS 22MLE. After several years of looking, we kept going back to this MFG/Layout. 10 week lead time! At least we are getting factory fresh.
    Sheldon Linhart
    Excelsior Springs, MO
    1995 Dynatrak /Yamaha Pro V150

2. Member
    Congratulations, and welcome to the Winnebago family.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

Great Rigs! Congrats!
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

4. Banned
    Grand Design has good customer service and reputation.

5. Member
    Congratulations!

6. Member
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/146736952385751/

Here is a site for imagine owners. Should have lots of info on your camper. We have a reflection. I've joined the reflection owners group which has been an awesome site for issues with the campers. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/146736952385751/

Here is a site for imagine owners. Should have lots of info on your camper. We have a reflection. I've joined the reflection owners group which has been an awesome site for issues with the campers. Good luck!
    Thanks! Our purchase is on hold as the factory is shut down, and ours is somewhere in the assembly process.
    Sheldon Linhart
    Excelsior Springs, MO

8. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Congrats! We like our Reflection.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

9. Member
    Same here. I keep coming back to this layout. Matter of fact I'm leaving in a few minutes to go back and look again. Local dealer has them all unlocked and does not jack with you, lets you go look all you want without being harassed. I like the split kitchen layout and the separate dinette and theater seating and all still in a 22 footer. Plus it's Grand Design, seems it is one of the better quality brands by most all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by breeves2245 View Post
    Same here. I keep coming back to this layout. Matter of fact I'm leaving in a few minutes to go back and look again. Local dealer has them all unlocked and does not jack with you, lets you go look all you want without being harassed. I like the split kitchen layout and the separate dinette and theater seating and all still in a 22 footer. Plus it's Grand Design, seems it is one of the better quality brands by most all accounts.
    We looked at every major brand and the quality is so much better with the Grand Design, and the layout of the MLE was perfect for a couple. We were notified our unit is done, just waiting for the plant to reopen next week and get it shipped. Ours is going to be a 2021, even though there are no differences in the 20 and 21.
    Sheldon Linhart
    Excelsior Springs, MO

11. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsfan View Post
    We looked at every major brand and the quality is so much better with the Grand Design, and the layout of the MLE was perfect for a couple. We were notified our unit is done, just waiting for the plant to reopen next week and get it shipped. Ours is going to be a 2021, even though there are no differences in the 20 and 21.
    Customer service by the manufacturer is where GD elevates itself. You’ll still be disappointed with some quality issues like sloppy wiring, cheaping out on the plumbing and a few other issues, but the company will stand up and help you get squared away.

https://gdrvowners.com/ and https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/index.php will be valuable sources of information for you.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Congrats! We like our Reflection.
    We pick our unit up next Wednesday! Did you get a chance to look at them?
    Sheldon Linhart
    Excelsior Springs, MO

Congrats. We have a Reflection 297. They are a great company to deal with. They took care of a few issues out of warranty free of charge.

[QUOTE=imthemedic;11103061]Congrats. We have a Reflection 297. They are a great company to deal with. They took care of a few issues out of warranty free of charge.]

We picked ours up yesterday!
    Sheldon Linhart
    Excelsior Springs, MO

15. Banned
    Just ordered an Imagine XLS 22MLE. After several years of looking, we kept going back to this MFG/Layout. 10 week lead time! At least we are getting factory fresh.
    I see this is an old post. I bought a new 2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE. Nothing but problems. Still having problems. So bad their mobile tech would not attempt repairs. Grand Design sent a trucking company to my house to pick up and haul to factory in Indiana for repairs. Just curious, are you having any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Arley View Post
    I see this is an old post. I bought a new 2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE. Nothing but problems. Still having problems. So bad their mobile tech would not attempt repairs. Grand Design sent a trucking company to my house to pick up and haul to factory in Indiana for repairs. Just curious, are you having any issues.
    Truly our only problems have been self inflicted! A few minor plumbing leaks, and an issue with the motor on the retractable awning, but for the most part relatively trouble free and happy with the purchase.
    Sheldon Linhart
    Excelsior Springs, MO

17. Banned
    Truly our only problems have been self inflicted! A few minor plumbing leaks, and an issue with the motor on the retractable awning, but for the most part relatively trouble free and happy with the purchase.
    Best of luck to you. I like the RV and floor plan. Don't like both heat ducts being in rear of RV. One extra small one on side of bed platform. The "Artic Four-Season Protection" is a marketing gimmick. Truly laughable. I only use mine during deer season, October-December. And believe it or not it gets cold in Tennessee. When the lows are going to be around 20 degrees, I pull the slide in. If not, it is difficult to keep warm. If you haven't already you should check out Grand Design Owners RV forum. Again, good luck to you and I hope you enjoy your RV.