New Triton Models At Classic?

Anybody got the skinny on what new models Triton going to introduce at the Classic?

2. Member
    It will be the new flagship. 21ft, don't think they are replacing the 21TRX, but it will be a loaded out new look. Saw some in production pics, but you really couldn't see the whole boat, just some closeups.

3. Member
    It got pulled and won’t be introduced, was the word on another thread.

4. Member
    At the Classic Expo today, the Triton line is relegated to 3 or 4 boats along a back wall with the balance of the massive Bass Pro space containing Ranger and Nitro. A completely unqualified statement on my part but I think the writing may be on the wall for the Triton line. Quite disappointed. Heck, Charger had more boats on display. I'm not bitter, just concerned for the brand.
    2005 Triton TR-196
    1990 ProCraft ProCaster 180

5. Member
    That was my thought. Very!!! Few Tritons compared to the others and certainly not any new models! Sad Day!!

6. Member
    Well that sucks. Judging from everything I’ve been reading along with the personnel and downsizing, I’m starting to wonder about Tritons future myself.

I doubt Triton is going anywhere. They just came out with the new aluminum model and talk about the new glass rigs. If it didnt happen at the classic then there must be a reason why. The sky doesnt fall as quickly at my house as it does at others i guess.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Member
    I went away from triton years ago great boats but like I said awhile back I think they are on their way out, that's what I heard rumors floating around not trying to stir the pot or bash any brand I loved all 3 of my tritons but it will be a sad day when it happens, champion went away leaving me high and dry right after buying a 2000 model anniversary model, I wish Triton all the best they make a great boat.

9. Member
    I'm not sure the sky is going to fall over any bass boat company. I just think it's a poor showing for a fine brand.
    2005 Triton TR-196
    1990 ProCraft ProCaster 180

10. Member
    No sky falling, even if it were to happen, which at this point is a ongoing rumor only, WRM will still provide the warranty if needed. Their still making them, so I’m not gonna worry about it. There’s a lot worse things that could happen, I got my boat and I love it - so I’m happy in any case!

11. Member
    Boat was not 100% ready, dis not have the bill of materials and price.

12. Member
    Please, no fake news or opining. Triton will be there for a long time. Nobody spends the money WR has spent on that new plant to let the brand go down the tubes. It is unfortunate and even stupid (my opinion) to get rid of the years of Triton knowledge and experience by letting the regional sales guys go. I only hope their replacements have half the knowledge they had. I can unfortunately see some parallels occurring believe it or not with The Boeing company. They concentrated on improved profit margins and enhancing the stock value while pushing the production lines to the point of sloppy manufacturing oversight which hurt the quality of the final product. Fortunately that was mainly on the commercial side and not our outstanding military aircraft lines. Maybe WRM will take a lesson from others and concentrate on the building of a quality product. No question they have the facility, now they just need to maintain the quality control.

13. Member
    You buy a company to either sell off the assets or because you want the brand name and think you can make money with it. If they were gonna discontinue the brand then they wouldn't have moved the plant, they would have just sold the assets. However; big company executive bean counters often cut the very processes and People that bring quality to the end product while at the same time giving lip service to the importance of their employees and maintaining the quality. They will either keep manufacturing a really good boat and stay in business or cut costs/quality to the point no one will buy the product. Time will tell, but I think they plan on staying around.
    Last edited by chatabass; 03-09-2020 at 11:41 AM.

14. Member
    Triton is not going anywhere. There is a new boat in the works. Yall just need to be patient and stop spreading bad rumors. New boat design is pretty sick.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill

15. Member
    Triton seems to be the most popular of their boat brands right now anyways. It is filling an excellent market niche right between Nitro as the budget boat and Ranger as the "luxury class" boat. Plus, most consumers don't seem to realize the connection between BPS and Triton, which overall probably helps their sales. Can't imagine the Triton brand is going anywhere any time soon. Now, mismanaged into irrelevance? Perhaps, but only time will tell
    2020 Triton TRX189 B B W
    Mercury ProXS 150 I B O
    Garmin EchoMAP Plus (2x) G A L
    Toyota 4Runner D F

16. Member
    Good news, I’ll called Triton and talked to the head man, he said Triton is not going out of business, and that they plan on being around for at least a few more years. Ha!
    Last edited by itsahog; 03-10-2020 at 10:05 AM.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Good news, I’ll called Triton and talked to the head man, he said Triton is not going out of business, and that they plan on being around for at least a few more years. Man I’m glad I called, put all this crap to rest. I feel so stupid.
    "a few more years" ???
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreydavisjr View Post
    "a few more years" ???
    i was joking...

19. Member
    Too Funny!!