Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

Question Question for yam911

I'm having to replace the wiring harness on my Champion 210 Elite and it's been a while since I've worked on it, and I'm going back together with the switch panel today. So I have 3 wires from the outboard (06 VZ250TLR) to the ignition harness that are external to the engine harness. They are a Green, a Green/Yellow and a Brown/White. The Grn & Grn/Yel plug into a Deutsch type connector and come out as a Gray/Blue (Grn) and a Pink/Blue (Grn/Yel). Those two wires go to the warning indicator LED assy, so one is over temp and the other low oil. Which one is which? The Brown/White comes out of the Deutsch connector and doubles back to another Deutsch connector and disappears into the side of the boat headed forward, so my guess is I'll find it under the console when I crawl under there.

So if you can guide me on the Gray/Blue & Pink/Blue wires on the warning indicator so I can get the lens cover on correctly, I would greatly appreciate it greatly.

2. Member
    You are describing colors that I am not familiar with. Probably wiring installed by the boat builder.

Yamaha uses what is called a trim/oil harness that is separate from the main ten pin wire harness. Four wires. One for the engine trim angle. One for over temperature. One for low remote oil tank quantity. One for low main oil tank quantity.

Pink is usually the color for the trim meter. Gray is usually the over temperature ground. Green is usually the low remote oil tank quantity. Green/Red or black/red is usually the low main oil tank quantity.

If you have just two lights they may be for over temperature and low main oil tank only.

Know that the ECU has got you covered even if your warning lights are not working.

Hope the diagram below helps.

zoil.jpg

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Thanks for taking a stab at it. I'll pull the cowling and see if I can find one of them. Once I get it all back together I may can create an alarm condition at the block for high temp to see which LED lights up. Worst case is I have the lamp fixture 180 out with the lens. The brown/white wire I mentioned above appears to go to the tilt/trim gauge, so I agree that they are part of the boat after you mentioned that possibility.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    So yam911, I ended up just putting it together and think I have the lamps 180 out from the lenses. I think I saw you post on another thread after this that the Low Oil would light for a few seconds when you first turn the key on. If this is correct, I need to flip my lights. As it stands, my Hi Temp light illuminates when I first turn the key on.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I'm having to replace the wiring harness on my Champion 210 Elite and it's been a while since I've worked on it, and I'm going back together with the switch panel today. So I have 3 wires from the outboard (06 VZ250TLR) to the ignition harness that are external to the engine harness. They are a Green, a Green/Yellow and a Brown/White. The Grn & Grn/Yel plug into a Deutsch type connector and come out as a Gray/Blue (Grn) and a Pink/Blue (Grn/Yel). Those two wires go to the warning indicator LED assy, so one is over temp and the other low oil. Which one is which? The Brown/White comes out of the Deutsch connector and doubles back to another Deutsch connector and disappears into the side of the boat headed forward, so my guess is I'll find it under the console when I crawl under there.

So if you can guide me on the Gray/Blue & Pink/Blue wires on the warning indicator so I can get the lens cover on correctly, I would greatly appreciate it greatly.
    No idea if this helps you, but I'm looking a the low oil/temp/trim harness off my old 2001 Ox-66. I labelled them when I removed them as follows (where they attach to the connectors at engine): White connector with only one wire (green/red stripe) is for low oil. The other larger connector has three wires...White/brown stripe, (Trim), Green wire (Overheat) and a Black wire. All four wires them go to one flat four pin connector under dash and then go to their respective ldiot lites.
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO