Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I use 3M Blue Magic masking tape around every rod by handle. It comes off without cleanup or leaving sticky film. Write line weight, line brand/type, & date. Use a fine silver colored marker to show up against blue tape. Eezee peezee

Quote Originally Posted by Okie2 View Post
    I use 3M Blue Magic masking tape around every rod by handle. It comes off without cleanup or leaving sticky film. Write line weight, line brand/type, & date. Use a fine silver colored marker to show up against blue tape. Eezee peezee
    I've done this as well. Not a bad system at all. I'm trying the label maker with the extra sticky tape on the reel like someone posted to try out.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

3. Member
    Painters tape and use a pen to write with. Simply wrap a piece on rod above reel and top cork. Stays on and easy to peel off.

^^Agree, done this as well as around the bottom of the cork handle.
    Verdict still out on the label on reel. I haven;t switched all of mine from painters tape to that yet.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

5. Member
    jababin76, if possible can you give me the settings you set up your P-D211 to get the best looking labels to attach to my reels?

Thrift said on his podcast the other day that he puts a ring of scotch tape on his rod handle, writes the poundage on the tape, and then tapes over that with another ring to keep from wearing off. Sounded like a good way to keep track if you're looking for one.

I used to put a small label under the reel foot, which worked out terrible b/c you had to take off the reel to see it lol. I thought about labeling again another way, even bought some of those Sunline bands that go around the handle - but have pretty much standardized with certain lines on certain setups so haven't bothered to follow up on it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12