Moving Trolling Moto Bateries

I'm throwing around the idea of moving my 2 trolling motor batteries to my two front storage lockers. Either one battery in each or both in the left stowage. My thought process is it will compensate for the weight of the poles on the back and frees up space in the back compartment for my power pole pumps which are currently in the tackle holder behind the passenger.

I've got my deck off recarpeting the boat so this is the time to do it. I removed the forward port livewell and turned it into a storage. So I now have an extra 45" x 35" space there. The other thing this would do is make space for a 4th battery in the future to power electronics. I think I've pretty much talked myself into but would like to hear opinions.

My charger will go under my middle seat so no issues getting the cables to the batteries from there. Thoughts? Both in one? One in Both? Pros/Cons?

Thanks,Robert

Image of the layout below. There is enough room in the storage compartments to put the batteries toward the front and they will be hidden and tucked up in a corner.

Last edited by mastergun; 03-05-2020 at 04:55 PM.

2. Member
    I'm moving my trolling motor batteries forward 6ft in a 15ft glass bass boat. I need tongue weight or a new trailer. Being a aluminum boat does it have a pad and do you regularly run on the pad. Moving weight forward creates more wetted surface. Harder to get the boat loose. If that is not a concern, water is 8.33#/gal, the boat is designed to have weight where the livewell is already. I posted in another thread on this website about Odyssey pc925 batteries, they weigh 22#'s each, I fish all day with a 80# trolling motor on 2 of these batteries. My charger never runs 3 hrs before switching off. BatteryMart.com is where I buy mine. A 22# battery that is tiny, 2 fit in a 31series battery tray. If you need lighter, options are out there that don't break the bank. Odyssey batteries can and do stay in service 10 years or longer.

3. Member
    8 gallons per pound for water, how many gallons did that livewell hold? 20 gallons of water, 160 pounds, 2 batteries.It's not going to be a big deal.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    8 gallons per pound for water, how many gallons did that livewell hold? 20 gallons of water, 160 pounds, 2 batteries.It's not going to be a big deal.
    Yeah, that's how I figured it. Thanks for the feedback.