Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Thank you for this, but I have questions. Or a question: do I simply send these to a card, then the unit will recognize all three of the 18.3s and install?
    How you load them on the card will be dependent upon what software version comes on the Carbons you are getting installed. This is because the procedures are different depending upon if you are updating (loading a more recent version) or rolling back (loading a previous version). Once you receive the Carbons and we ascertain which software version they have installed, we can proceed accordingly.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Mpls View Post
    How you load them on the card will be dependent upon what software version comes on the Carbons you are getting installed. This is because the procedures are different depending upon if you are updating (loading a more recent version) or rolling back (loading a previous version). Once you receive the Carbons and we ascertain which software version they have installed, we can proceed accordingly.
    Thanks! I'll see if I can power them up after work. Bought new in box late last month from Scheels.

3. Member
    OK, so I was able to power up one of my Carbons. I had connected the 3-in-1 just to see what would happen. Under sonar, 3-in-1 showed up and was grayed out. Version is as shown in the pic, 19.1. Does that mean it's already updated for this transducer?
    IMG_20200521_095550348.jpg
    Last edited by PMantle; 05-21-2020 at 12:35 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    OK, so I was able to power up one of my Carbons. I had connected the 3-in-1 just to see what would happen. Under sonar, 3-in-1 showed up and was greyed out. Version is as shown in the pic, 19.1. Does that mean it's already updated for this transducer?IMG_20200521_095550348.jpg

Yes it is.

5. Member
    i downloaded the 18 update that was on this thread and it wouldnt load into my carbon,when i go to settings and under about it still shows the 20 update, downscan is very weak

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by horntoad View Post
    i downloaded the 18 update that was on this thread and it wouldnt load into my carbon,when i go to settings and under about it still shows the 20 update, downscan is very weak
    Backup waypoints and do a hard reset?

7. Member
    thank u ,ill try

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by horntoad View Post
    Does the unit act as if it is loading the 18.x update? When updating (moving to a more recent update than what is currently on the unit), the update should self-install when the MMC card containing the update is inserted and the unit is then powered on. When rolling back (moving to an update prior to what is currently on the unit), you must insert the MMC card containing the update and choose the update file (Pages > Storage), then follow the prompts.

9. Member
    i put card in and powered up and it said no chart found, ,my bad i guess. ill try what u said ,thank you. i want my downscan back.right now its just a faint line even on 100% in 15 ft of water

10. Member
    TRIED AGAIN ,NO GO.I JUST EMAILED LOWRANCE,SEE WHAT THEY SAY

11. Member
    What happens if you insert a card with all three of the 18 versions?

12. Member
    You also need to make sure the ending of the previous file does not have .upd on it. That is for automatic updating. To roll back, you must do manual update. Wonder why more people aren't complaining about the version 20 DS? Mine looks great on my Carbon 12
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

13. Member
    "what happens if you use a card with all 18 versions?"
    The latest version on the card gets installed, assuming you are already running an older version. You can install any of the 18 versions from the file navigation menu once the unit is booted up, I'd recommend only having the version on there you want or it will still install the latest version on the card when it reboots.

14. Member
    OK, so I hate my downscan. Is there a consensus on best version for downscan?

15. Member
    The conclusion that I have come to on my downscan is that version does not matter for the waters I typically fish. I mostly fish rivers and river/creek lakes that are very silty or high particulates typically in the water. It seems to me this is what is causing my poor downscan returns. In ideal conditions on the lake I can get some decent pictures on downscan but if there is any water movement the quality disappears quickly. I'm not sure if this is setup related or just the limitations of downscan but I have pretty much wrote off downscan as a useful tool for me.

16. Member
    My DownScan is great on my LIVES, using the current software.
    ciao,
    Marc

17. Member
    My down scan is great using the new update on all 3 of my Carbon 12" units.

I updated to 20 last night on my 2 LIVE units hoping it will fix my depth issue from a tourney this last Saturday and noticed my depth readout was about a foot off from what it was displaying in DI vs the the depth gauge was reading. I hope to go out this evening and see if that got fixed and of course catch a few fish.
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    My down scan is great using the new update on all 3 of my Carbon 12" units.
    Maybe I am expecting too much. Going to try to schedule an electronics class with a guide soon.

20. Member
    Latest version of 20 installed, 3-in-1 transducer, both down and side look great.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast