Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    could this update work on carbons that are NMEA together with Gen 2 Touch units?

2. Banned
    Even though the SS3D update file is named 20..., after you update, it reflects as Ver 19.3, on the support screen.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykins Tr21 View Post
    could this update work on carbons that are NMEA together with Gen 2 Touch units?
    NMEA is fine between Carbon and Gen 2. My Carbons share a Point-1 with a Gen 2 on NMEA network.
    Last edited by over slot; 03-06-2020 at 08:11 PM.

4. Member
    It appears that the update has cured my Carbon/HDI issue

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    Even though the SS3D update file is named 20..., after you update, it reflects as Ver 19.3, on the support screen.

what type of improvements have been done on the 3D side and downscan?

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tayzak15 View Post
    what type of improvements have been done on the 3D side and downscan?
    Don't know yet, haven't been on the water. Will go for a test run tomorrow.

7. Member
    I just tried to do the 20.1 updates into my units. I don't have a Ghost on this boat and when I inserted the card and turned on the unit, nothing happened when i turned it on. It seemed like it didn't see it.
    Then I went into my "about" section and it said I had the latest update of 19.1 which we know this is not true.
    What is happening as i have done many updates before?
    Thanks

8. Member
    Check the card before you take it out of your computer maybe? Clean 32 gig or less and formatted card?

From the instructions on the Lowrance Support and Help pages:

Using Internet Explorer[COLOR=rgba(0, 8, 18, 0.75)]a. Go to www.lowrance.com
    b. Select the Help & Support tab
    c. Select Manuals & Software Updates
    d. In the Product Series dropdown menu, select the correct model of product you are wanting to update
    e. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select the link under 'Software'
    f. This will take you to a screen that provides information about the software update
    g. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to get to the software update link
    h. Click on the link, then select the option to register your device or not at this time
    i. Click the link to download the software update
    j. A bar will appear at the bottom of the screen
    k. Select the dropdown bar on Save and select Save As
    i. This gives you the option to select the location where you want the software saved(Desktop, Downloads or Specific folder)
    l. The software will save as a .upd file
    m. The software is now ready to put on a microSD (32gb max) to update the unit
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 8, 18, 0.75)][/COLOR]
    Last edited by kennybryan; 03-07-2020 at 11:02 PM.

9. Member
    Why does it have to be 32 gig or less? I never heard that. But if your correct, mine is 64 gigs.
    Thanks

10. Member
    I just updated my carbon and live with my SC card. No issues loading and i used google chrome

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champy View Post
    Why does it have to be 32 gig or less? I never heard that. But if your correct, mine is 64 gigs.
    Thanks
    HDS units cannot use an SD card with more than 32 gig memory.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by champy View Post
    Thanks

It's odd that you've never heard of it. It gets mentioned every time an update comes out.

13. Member
    I been using the same micro card for several years until I had to buy a new one and I figured it wouldn't make a difference.
    My fault and I will try with a new card tomorrow. I just wondered why it said we all have the latest updates.
    Thanks for the help.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billwvu05 View Post
    It appears that the update has cured my Carbon/HDI issue
    My tourney partner with live units was on the water today and said he felt like the downscan was clearer, no difference on sidescan (but sidescan on his Live 16 was really good after we dialed it in)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Dreaming View Post

Maybe Eufaula is clear out in about a month.
    Looked like merthiolate today.
    GO DAWGS

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    HDS units cannot use an SD card with more than 32 gig memory.
    yes they can if it's formatted as fat32

17. Member
    I absolutely know that but do 90% of the guys on here even know about formatting an SD? It just confuses them so it's easier to just have them buy what will work out of the package. I guess it's not being completely honest but it's easier than explaining

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    I absolutely know that but do 90% of the guys on here even know about formatting an SD? It just confuses them so it's easier to just have them buy what will work out of the package. I guess it's not being completely honest but it's easier than explaining

NoCAL
    Yesterday I was approached by a guy who said he couldn't download updates because every time he ordered a microSD card online, he was mailed an SD card instead. He returned two to the sellers telling them he ordered microSD cards, not SD Cards (that won't fit his unit). He said he now has to send back his third card, which he happened to have with him. I asked to see it.

I promptly pulled the microSD card out of the SD Card adapter that it was inside. He was stunned!

I probably enjoyed this more than I should have, but only because he was easily 20 years younger than me.
    ciao,
    Marc

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Yesterday I was approached by a guy who said he couldn't download updates because every time he ordered a microSD card online, he was mailed an SD card instead. He returned two to the sellers telling them he ordered microSD cards, not SD Cards (that won't fit his unit). He said he now has to send back his third card, which he happened to have with him. I asked to see it.

I promptly pulled the microSD card out of the SD Card adapter that it was inside. He was stunned!

I probably enjoyed this more than I should have, but only because he was easily 20 years younger than me.
    That's funny!!!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post

2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast