Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

E TEC Mechanic reccomendations ????

I had my Evinrude E Tec 225HO rebuilt last summer and since its been done it don't idle worth a chit ! Ive been back to the shop that rebuilt it twice and they say that nothings wrong with it and that it idles fine for them . This is complete BS because it dies EVERYTIME you drop it in gear so IM asking for a good E TEC mechanic in the Baton Rouge area because Im tired of dealing with these clowns ???? Thanks guys !!!!!!
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Runner View Post
    I had my Evinrude E Tec 225HO rebuilt last summer and since its been done it don't idle worth a chit ! Ive been back to the shop that rebuilt it twice and they say that nothings wrong with it and that it idles fine for them . This is complete BS because it dies EVERYTIME you drop it in gear so IM asking for a good E TEC mechanic in the Baton Rouge area because Im tired of dealing with these clowns ???? Thanks guys !!!!!!
    NO reply and not even one Evinrude joke ? WOW , tough crowd !!!!
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

3. Member
    Stick a fork in this board..... Unbolt the rude and let her sink.....

Quote Originally Posted by droptine View Post
    Stick a fork in this board..... Unbolt the rude and let her sink.....
    I cant do that , If I did that it may just tear up a good Mercury one day !
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

5. Member
    I'll help you out. You wore out that E Tech giving all those fat chicks a ride. Feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by BARRY J View Post
    I'll help you out. You wore out that E Tech giving all those fat chicks a ride. Feel better?
    Thanks Barry , feels like home now !!
    Maybe I need to get a party barge with a mercury so the fat girls cant test it up ?
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

E Tech on a BassCat, don't unbolt it, just burn the whole rig. You can't catch fish anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
    E Tech on a BassCat, don't unbolt it, just burn the whole rig. You can't catch fish anyway.
    Even then sun shines on a dogs azz every now and then and so my momma has to come with me and show me how to catchem every now and then !
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

call magnum marine in harvey
    521 vs 250 pro XS

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BARRY J View Post

Quote Originally Posted by beav521 View Post
    call magnum marine in harvey
    Thanks , but its already at rookie boats in bay st Louis
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

12. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Just trade motors....easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    If I could borrow 21k it would be an even easier fix !
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    I priced one today !
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

Gun. The simple answer is that the shop is likely running it on a hose and not under a load. Sounds like a fuel delivery issue. Maybe something as simple as your bulb, or trash in a gas line or filter. All very simple to diagnose. Do you have original gas lines from the tank to the motor???.....

Quote Originally Posted by DLAB View Post
    Gun. The simple answer is that the shop is likely running it on a hose and not under a load. Sounds like a fuel delivery issue. Maybe something as simple as your bulb, or trash in a gas line or filter. All very simple to diagnose. Do you have original gas lines from the tank to the motor???.....
    These have all been different shops . I ran out of shops to go to around here and now it's at a shop in mississippi
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

Just so everyone knows , Big Wheel boats in hammond really screwed me over when they rebuilt my motor last summer . Boat never did idle right when I left with it , I brought it back to them twice for them to fix the idle and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it . Since the motor would idle worth a darn , the boat died on my wife at Rayburn last summer and washed her up on some rip rap costing me and insurance deductible and my insurance company about 6k and me without a boat for 2 months ! I brought the boat to a different shop and they changed a capacitor and got it running better but still isn't perfect . The #2 cylinder still has a miss and there is a few other things he found . The issues will require an $1800 computer and a $500 fuel pump that are both messed up from me running the boat like this ( because they couldn't find anything wrong with it ) and also from being hooked up wrong . Wiring harness was hooked up wrong and the fuel return line wasn't even hooked up at all and was just squirting extra gas on the side of my motor ! They also cut a piece vacuum hose off and put it on the back stop of my motors throttle linkage just to make it idle as crappy as it did ! To say they did a crappy job is an understatement and not only did they charge me $5600 for the rebuild , their also fixing to cost me $3000 to pay someone else to fix what they tore up ! They suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

Just so everyone knows , Big Wheel boats in hammond really screwed me over when they rebuilt my motor last summer . Boat never did idle right when I left with it , I brought it back to them twice for them to fix the idle and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it . Since the motor would idle worth a darn , the boat died on my wife at Rayburn last summer and washed her up on some rip rap costing me and insurance deductible and my insurance company about 6k and me without a boat for 2 months ! I brought the boat to a different shop and they changed a capacitor and got it running better but still isn't perfect . The #2 cylinder still has a miss and there is a few other things he found . The issues will require an $1800 computer and a $500 fuel pump that are both messed up from me running the boat like this ( because they couldn't find anything wrong with it ) and also from being hooked up wrong . Wiring harness was hooked up wrong and the fuel return line wasn't even hooked up at all and was just squirting extra gas on the side of my motor ! They also cut a piece vacuum hose off and put it on the back stop of my motors throttle linkage just to make it idle as crappy as it did ! To say they did a crappy job is an understatement and not only did they charge me $5600 for the rebuild , their also fixing to cost me $3000 to pay someone else to fix what they tore up ! They suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good night of living. Paying over 9k for this whole debacle. You would have been halfway to buying a real motor with that coin. Then with the trade/selling of the Rude you would have been very close to setting the water on fire.

19. Banned
    That sucks,you get any kind of warranty from Big Wheels on there work?? Man if they did what you say,may be time to visit an attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by riverc View Post
    That sucks,you get any kind of warranty from Big Wheels on there work?? Man if they did what you say,may be time to visit an attorney.
    3 months , but my boat was at the fiberglass shop getting the bottom fixed for at least one of those moths and now there out of business ! Now the name of the place is Boats and stuff and I called them but they told me that they pretty much were gonna charge me for anything else they did !
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast