Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks, will the iconic charger work with other brand batteries?

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarine Brian View Post
    i've never heard anyone say...man my batteries last too long.
    true fact!

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ducker2 View Post
    YES, the Ionic charger will work with other brands and types of batteries including Lead and AGM but if purchasing for another brand of Lithium Batteries please check with the battery manufacture to be sure it meets their specs.
    The Ionic Charger charges at 14.6v constant voltage and then floats at 13.8 volts

https://drewcraft.com/product/ionic-battery-charger/
    Last edited by DREWTICK; 03-21-2020 at 10:03 AM.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by ducker2 View Post
    It may work, however for some brand lithiums it may not be an approved charger and void their warranty.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill22 View Post
    true fact!

absolutely....plus remember as the batteries age cycle wise they become “less” battery as well like lead but many more cycles to get there but you’ll in the long run end up with more battery left. Cost is always a consideration but go biggest you can and you’ll never have to worry. As for cost, while more competition should mean less $ we really except for special promotions haven’t seen that much price decrease in the more established brands. Plus labor and materials never go down so doubt you’re gonna see the price halve, but in the meantime you’re missing out on maybe one of the best things you can do for your boat. Not sexy but seriously awesome investment.

I’m running 3 Battleborn 100ah for TM and Ionic 100 ah for cranking and all have been flawless. I’ve run the BB for 2 1/2 years and the Ionic cranking for almost a year with no issues. Fished my first tournament 2 weeks ago ( my season ended early last year so never got to try and run the Ionic down) and livewells running all day and 2 HDS Gen 2 with LSS1 module and finished the day at 99%. Cal delta so lots of running but stilll.....I love the peace of mind. My $0.02
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    YES, the Ionic charger will work with other brands and types of batteries including Lead and AGM but if purchasing for another brand of Lithium Batteries please check with the battery manufacture to be sure it meets their specs.
    The Ionic Charger charges at 14.6v constant voltage and then floats at 13.8 volts

https://drewcraft.com/product/ionic-battery-charger/
    DREWTICK

I'm a bit confused with the options/batterie s on the Ionic site. I have a Fortrex 80 24 volt (currently running 2 Optima Bluetops 31). Which are the options for replacement? I see the 24volt 50 ah for $839. Is there a 100 ah version of this (in a single battery?) Or are there Package Deal I might consider? Thanks.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
    DREWTICK

I'm a bit confused with the options/batterie s on the Ionic site. I have a Fortrex 80 24 volt (currently running 2 Optima Bluetops 31). Which are the options for replacement? I see the 24volt 50 ah for $839. Is there a 100 ah version of this (in a single battery?) Or are there Package Deal I might consider? Thanks.
    50ah is the largest single 24v I have, I will be happy to quote you a price for a pair of 100ah or a package price

PM sent
    Last edited by DREWTICK; 03-22-2020 at 12:36 PM.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    50ah is the largest single 24v I have, I will be happy to quote you a price for a pair of 100ah or a package price

PM sent
    Do you sell a 3 bank 12 v charger?

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cweb View Post
    Do you sell a 3 bank 12 v charger?
    Yes I have many options available, pm me and I will get you a price tomorrow
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    i have a 36v 40ah battery and fished 10.5 hours in the current sunday and at rest it was still at 79%, at full power it was reading at 49%. i spent 70% of my time on 4, the rest on 10. it amazed me at how much lower i could set the motor and still hold in current with the less weight of 3 lead acid batteries and a 45 amp charger in the boat.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

11. Member
    So, it appears that you can run 3 12V 50AH Lithium's on a normal 36V trolling motor and be satisfied. I hope to pull the trigger on these by the end of the week.

12. Member
    I’m 70 yrs old, now fish for crappie, walleye, and occassionally Bass, but primarily troll jigs and cranks out of a now g3 jon boat, gave up the heavy bass boats, and now use a 12 volt MK power drive 55 amp with ipilot. Other day, after installing 2-100 amp Ionic lithiums, trolled constantly for alittle over 6 hrs,,,,,constantly,,,,usage was only 27% total. I can fish 2 days now without charging my trolling motor batteries. Using a 50 amp Ionic for electronics only, running a 10 DI+ with mega 360 and a 7 di g3n For charts and 2d both up front, and a 9 SI g2n on the bow, all networked and a gps Heading puck also,,used 52% of it in alittle over 6 hrs. I ran all electronics for the test and can shut the 9 off when up front. Dropped my boat weight alittle over 200 lbs as had 3-31 wet cells and heavy on board chargers also..Very happy with the Ionic lithiums! Love the phone app to keep track of usage and output while using and recharging the batteries. If I go back to a 24 volt trolling motor, I should get less usage possibly also.
    Last edited by cevans; 04-02-2020 at 08:05 AM.

13. Member
    This year is the 5th year I've been running RELiONS, 2 50ah on my Fortrex and a 100ah for cranking, graphs, etc... Charging them with Dual Pro with the lithium profile. Never run them down and even gone 2 days a few times without charging.

14. Member
    Terry,

Do you mind sharing how the Ionics batteries performed? Thanks in advance.

15. Member
    As a fishing guide, I fish around 250 days a year. I've been using 3 ReLion 100 amp batteries without any problem for over 3 years. I run 4 HB Solix units plus 360, 36v Ultrex, lights, including blacklights at night, live wells (if in tournament), and in heavy tail race current for 12 hours. Never a problem. Can't say enough good things about ReLion. They have the latest technology in the industry.

16. Member
    Also run a 4th 100 amp HP ReLion for cranking.

17. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

I'm running Lithium Pro's 2 50ah for my TM and 1 80ah for my cranking and accessory battery. Run all day and have never been below 90%. Glad I made the change to lithium, a bonus is they will charge with any charger that works on AGM or Gel. No need for a special charger.
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

Quote Originally Posted by rngZ520 View Post
    50AH or 100AH?? Looking to replace my trolling motor batteries with Lithium, but torn between 50AH or 100AH. I am power fisherman and the trolling motor is usually on 70 or higher. Will the 50AH last during a 9hr tournament day?
    You need 100AH or more in my opinion, unless they offer a tradeup if you try 50AH,
    Blue top grp 31 are 75 amp hour, if they are not doing the job, I really doubt that 50AH lithium's will either, The probably would be very comparable to what you have now
    You do not want to get wrong and end up buying a second set
    Last edited by lpugh; 04-05-2020 at 07:19 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Do you have a 4th battery for cranking?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast