300R starting battery

Can someone recommend a starting battery please. Seems to be hard to find one with all of the requirements. I have a Mercury 300R 1E080626

Thanks,
    Vince

https://batteryguys.com/products/nor...iABEgIBZvD_BwE

They also make that same battery (I'm told) for batteries plus under their name X2 power.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    https://batteryguys.com/products/nor...iABEgIBZvD_BwE

They also make that same battery (I'm told) for batteries plus under their name X2 power.
    thanks man. where did you buy yours from?

In my boat last year I bought the Bateries Plus version from a store here local. Got the manager to give me 15% off. You can get 10 ordering from their site.

This boat I have now came with the Northstar version. Again from multiple sources I'm told it's the same battery internally.
    They are the the beasts of the AGM batteries. Which at this time Mercury is sticking with the recommendation of an AGM for the new v8's.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    In my boat last year I bought the Bateries Plus version from a store here local. Got the manager to give me 15% off. You can get 10 ordering from their site.

This boat I have now came with the Northstar version. Again from multiple sources I'm told it's the same battery internally.
    They are the the beasts of the AGM batteries. Which at this time Mercury is sticking with the recommendation of an AGM for the new v8's.
    I just found out i have a batteries plus local to me. Ill see if they will give me a discount. Thanks for all the help

7. Member
    Ordering online to pick up in your local store is where the discount code usually comes into play.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

8. Member
    About to start the 5th season on an X2 power from batteries plus. It charged and load tested good.

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Either of the above choices is a good one for this engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor