Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    This crestliner looks like a cool boat. Is it going to be a .125” hull i wonder?

I saw this at the Classic. It does have a .125" hull. The thing about this boat is the front deck. It looks like a basketball court. Huge. The boat itself makes the 250 on the back look small. Everything about the boat is big. They didn't have retail numbers yet as it won't be officially released until the summer.

2. Member
    Bet they make at least one a year for John Cox.
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    Crestliner has not made a decision on this boat. Existing dealers have not been sold on this boat yet. And yes it is built at Lowe. Hopefully they will produce a limited amount to test the market.

3. Banned
    Sometimes, big wide bassboats, especially up front in bow, especially in a tin, can be a fickle thing. It can mess with the structural integrity of the boat. They usually do not handle rough water well, being so wide up front.
    That's why the narrower Champion bassboat models were THE BEST rough water handlers on the water!
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 03-09-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    for that price...........I'd rather shop for a new fiberglass with a 200 on the back!
    I would say thats a pretty good choice.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Banned
    Any updates on these? Not in the market, but would like to see if anyone has one yet and how it performs.

6. Member
    The boat is built by Lowe. And I think they axed the project for Crestliner. Could be wrong. But when I asked for Lowe to build a Crappie Boat for Lowe, and a Bass Boat for Crestliner thats the response I got.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    I agree. There was a vexus 1980 at my local boat show with 2 7” graphs ultrex 150 pro xs single axle trailer was $48k. My jaw hit the floor. Way too much money. It was a nice rig but not worth that. This crestliner looks like a cool boat. Is it going to be a .125” hull i wonder?

That's markup by that dealer for sure. My 1980 with better graphs, ultrex, cover, 150, etc was 43.

8. Member
    I would like to see them make a 18 footer with a pad hull and a 150 or 175 and a 19 footer with a pad hull and rated for a 200. I would then be a buyer. I dont need or want a 21 foot tin ride. If I was looking in that size it would be glass.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    I would like to see them make a 18 footer with a pad hull and a 150 or 175 and a 19 footer with a pad hull and rated for a 200. I would then be a buyer. I dont need or want a 21 foot tin ride. If I was looking in that size it would be glass.
    Xpress

10. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarKraft195 View Post
    Sometimes, big wide bassboats, especially up front in bow, especially in a tin, can be a fickle thing. It can mess with the structural integrity of the boat. They usually do not handle rough water well, being so wide up front.
    That's why the narrower Champion bassboat models were THE BEST rough water handlers on the water!
    Yup, that's why I got the boat I did and not the current forum boner at the time (Ranger RT/Triton aluminum/Crestliner VT). I stand by my decision because it fishes OK, rides GREAT, and seems to be pretty well built for a cheap tin bass boatSome of these bigger tin rigs seem to have too many corners cut which leads to structural issues and even with pad hull I'm still not sure how they can ride soft like something with a more pronounced V in the hull. Just like with the old Champion boats you have to take the good with the bad. I'll take a little bit narrower front deck and a little more rise up front for a better rough water ride every time. Some of the hulls that fish really good will make you piss blood after a trip in rough water.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123