Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What if?? Corona virus

My wife and i where talking and came up with some tim hat stuff, Here where we are for the past 3 months theres been alot of flu like illness going a muck i know where she works last month they had at least 12 people severely sick with flu like symptoms, they went to the Dr and tested negative for the flu the DRs told them it was probably a strain of the flu they dont test for, got us to wondering what if the corna is already here and worked its way through the areas and all these people everywhere that has tested negative actually had it.One thing is here in the states most people that are dying are older or very young with already complicated immune systems. Also the in general the US is pretty clean and somewhat aware of washing hands and being sanitary for the most part, so maybe its working its way through and our bodys are already starting to combat the way it does with other viruses. If you really think about it its not that far fetched but take it as a tin hat syndrome LOL

There is a couple people I work with that have been out sick with fever and throwing up. Doctors told them they didn’t have the flu but had flu like symptoms.

3. Member
    I dunno. Step mom got the flu shot but was recently diagnosed with the flu and pneumonia. Doc put her in voluntary house quarantine asking her to stay home with no visitors but my dad still comes and goes at will so I don't know how effective it is at containing the bug. He's already had a couple of nasty cold/flu bugs this season so maybe he already had it.

Idk, two coworkers and I were both sick with a cold for about a month and we were talking how this isn't normal and a week after we kicked it corona broke the news. Was very odd and very persistent and would not surprise me if it was already out as well.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    There are numerous strains of the flu and the shot each year doesn't always cover all of them. People get sick, its just a way of life.

6. Member
    I’m in prep mode. Preparing to get it. I’m young enough to fight it. Hear it’s not doing much to kids.

Got some extra pedialytes, Ib profin, kids ib profin and vitamin c.

7. Member
    I have no idea, but I started coughing 2 days before Christmas. Coughed me head off for 5 weeks. Doctor said no flu, maybe a touch of Broncitis. Sent me home with an inhaler. 2 weeks in gave me some prednizone. No help. I slept with a cough drop in my cheek. No real fever. Sickly feeling, could not catch breath. If I cough hard I'd get really weeazy and have to puff the inhaler. 2 other people at work had the same after me. 4-6 weeks of coughing and short of breath.

You never know

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

9. Member
    I just got over the nastiest cold I have ever had in my 44 yrs. Kicked my butt for 3 weeks. I would have to go outside to catch my breath. I did not go to the doctor and carried on with my life. My wife and mother got it to. My mother was pretty bad off and had to be put on antibiotics but she is better now. Mt father did not get it.

10. Member
    nope at the rate its spreads we would have hospitals full of sick people. In China for instance everyone was on quarantine or still is not sure but even then it spread so fast it was unreal. In the USA where no one has any sick time to take off work and wont follow pandemic rules or planning its going to be a disaster.

11. Member
    There is a lot of weird crap out there this year.

12. Member
    So here is an interesting fact and I took this quote from the CDC site, now this was from the the H1N1 flu that went around in 2009, just for comparison of what we are going through now. Just some interesting numbers to mull around in your heads.
    "The study, co-authored by 9 members of the CDC Influenza Division, used an improved modeling approach which resulted in an estimated range of deaths from between 151,700 and 575,400 people who perished worldwide from 2009 H1N1 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated."
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    I have no idea, but I started coughing 2 days before Christmas. Coughed me head off for 5 weeks. Doctor said no flu, maybe a touch of Broncitis. Sent me home with an inhaler. 2 weeks in gave me some prednizone. No help. I slept with a cough drop in my cheek. No real fever. Sickly feeling, could not catch breath. If I cough hard I'd get really weeazy and have to puff the inhaler. 2 other people at work had the same after me. 4-6 weeks of coughing and short of breath.

You never know
    A few people here had something just like that. Makes you wonder

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    nope at the rate its spreads we would have hospitals full of sick people. In China for instance everyone was on quarantine or still is not sure but even then it spread so fast it was unreal. In the USA where no one has any sick time to take off work and wont follow pandemic rules or planning its going to be a disaster.
    I some what agree but in Washington state they are saying they think between 500 and 1500 have it or had it. Why are the hospitals not overflowing?

15. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishon!sc View Post
    I some what agree but in Washington state they are saying they think between 500 and 1500 have it or had it. Why are the hospitals not overflowing?
    Because only the worst patients are likely to have sought treatment for it.

16. Member
    That's correct only the worst and the ones with already compromised immune systems since i have posted this i was talking to other managers and they said a lot of there departments had alot of absentee because of sickness flu like symptoms but was negative so i wonder how many negative test came back in one state with people all suffering a long drawn out sickness with flu like symptoms?
    Regardless trying to compare a outbreak and in china and the US is two different animals for example and i haven't looked into but dosnt china have one of the worse smog problems in the world? Which leads to already compromised breathing and lung aligments which automatically puts them at a way greater risk. But what do i know im just thinking out loud.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Truth.

I went to the doctor for my yearly physical. I told the doctor that I had been sick for about a week but it wasn't bad enough to go to the doctor. I just battled the symptoms. Doctor said there is a virus that is causing flu like symptoms that is lasting from 1 week and 5 weeks. And fighting the symptoms is all they could do. Get rest, and drink plenty of fluids.
    2012 Stratos 189 VLo Yamaha 150 Four Stroke

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/bzwildman81/

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    No kidding. Still does not explain his statement that if it was already here hospitals would be overflowing.

19. Member
    I go back and forth about how much concern to have over this. If you look back at the 2009 Swine Flu pandemic, over 500,000 eventually died worldwide from it. That said, if you look at some of the videos coming out of Iran and China and you pay attention to what some of these countries are doing in terms of locking down, it makes you wonder what the governments know that they aren't telling you. The lack of testing in the US is the only reason we aren't seeing the case numbers go up, IMO. There are likely thousands of cases, estimated to be 80% at the moment, that have been misdiagnosed or not tested. That makes me feel better about potential outcomes.

At the moment, it would be nice to have a unified front and message coming from our government about what the situation is and what the plans are. At the moment it seems very hectic and disjointed. In my opinion it would honestly be much more reassuring to find out that yes, a bunch of people have it and they're doing ok than to report on every case individually which only magnifies the fear factor. At the moment with a CFR of around 3%, it's pretty scary.

FWIW, I have had a low grade headache, sore throat, and fatigue for 3 weeks. No fever, no cough, just like a bad sinus infection. It does make you wonder.

20. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post

You never know
    Now that you say that I had the exact same thing at New Years! It got so bad I texted my Dr on his personal cell, something I swore I’d never do for a medical reason! We both fish and have kept our communications to fishing and other things but I would never want to take advantage of our friendship. He asked a few questions and called in a steroid and an antibiotic.

The steroid kept me up for a week and neither really helped. Great, now you have my hat being wrapped with tin foil!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast