Manual Jackplate Recommendation

Looking to order a manual plate for incoming boat - is the Hydrodynamics Rapid Jack Magnum still the fan favorite?

Boat will be a Z519 with a G2. Looks like I can go up to a 6” plate on the 2020 Z519 w/a G2.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by FishNCPA; 03-02-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishNCPA View Post
    Looks like I can go up to a 6” plate on the 2020 models.

I just wonder where you got that statement. Reason being the G2 has a lot of natural set back built into the motor mount. There is a lot of G2 motors out there that have a 4" jackplate. Atlas never made a 4" hydraulic plate until the demand for them increased with the release of the G2 motors. Do some research. You might find some G2's on a 6" plate but I think most will be a 4".

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    I just wonder where you got that statement. Reason being the G2 has a lot of natural set back built into the motor mount. There is a lot of G2 motors out there that have a 4" jackplate. Atlas never made a 4" hydraulic plate until the demand for them increased with the release of the G2 motors. Do some research. You might find some G2's on a 6" plate but I think most will be a 4".
    Edited my original for clarity. I believe the 2020 (and 2019) Z519’s with a G2 can now take a 6” instead of the 4” limit on previous years’ models.

I think the fan favorite in manual right now is ZLock. I have one and it is heavy duty but its a bear to adjust. I have only adjusted it a few times and that was when I hung my new motor. I have zero experience with Rapid Jack but I do recall they are suppose to be easy to adjust. Several years ago they were popular but for some reason you don't hear much about them anymore.

I can't say that I would steer someone away from ZLock because they are built like a tank. My only poor experience was they are hard to adjust but the good thing is once you find the sweet spot you never have to adjust it again.

Rapid Jack hand down. Screw the zlock.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

6. Member
    Rapid jack for sure. Super easy to raise or lower and it’s preset at 1/4 increments

7. Member
    Anything but a zlock if you ever want to make adjustments

I have a 6" pro hi-jacker. No issues with it.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

I have a cmc, which has served me well, my dad and brother both have Vance jackplates, they seem to be well built too. Sounds like rapid jack is great for the adjustment factor

10. Member
    Thanks, guys.

For those with the Rapid Jack, did you order directly through Hydrodynamics? Their site is a bit antiquated. I don’t mind calling or emailing an order but just wondering how you guys went about your purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    Anything but a zlock if you ever want to make adjustments
    100 % the truth, Need a whole toolbox full of wrenches, and sockets, and extension to adjust. You will never do it with the boat in the water, impossible.
    2019 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2

SlideMaster

13. Banned
    I have a rapid jack, came on my boat, great product.

cmc
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!