USA March Madness Is here!!!!!!

NO this does not equate to college basketball......
    Avid Walleye hunters travel many miles and come to the lake nicknamed "big Windy" (Lake Winnipeg) in the province of Manitoba.
    The come in droves from all over the country bringing friends and relatives with countless modes of transportation. From cars to trucks decked out to the hilt, from quads
    with wheels to tracks, from snowmobiles with single track to double track. From Side x Sides with wheels to tracks to the old Bombadiers that are still running to the elaborate Snow Bears. They fish in ice huts, pop-ups, flip-overs to the elaborate snow castles and those that cannot afford or simply shrug the minus temps aside fish in the open. They use all types of augers from the hand held to the gas to the propane and the electric. they have been known to use saws and axes and even spud bar to get through the four to five feet of ice. when the snow melts the ice looks like swiss cheese with so many holes drill in the ice from over the winter.
    They all come in search for that massive fish called the Manitoba Greenback (Walleye) which can grow so fast that a ten year old fish can weigh over twelve pounds and over. It would not be lie that you could even pull up a twenty pound Walleye up through the ice, may you have a ten inch hole to get it up through it. I have seen where a Walleye was stuck in an eight inch hole. They search for the master classification size which is 28' and there are ones that are much longer than this.
    IMG_E1815.JPGIMG_2120.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oldmanwinter; 03-02-2020 at 10:41 PM.
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

2. Member
    I would love to fish out there for walleyes. We dont really have them here and those in the pics are supersized.....

Get your passport and you already have my invite. love to have you come up anytime.
    97 Stratos 288
    175 Evenrude Intruder
    Humminbird electronics
    Garmin electronics
    Fortrex112
    2012 Ford Lariat 250

4. Member
    I appreciate that. And I may take you up on that offer next year.....