Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mikesxpress

Hope Springs boat ramp update.

Both ramps are being revamped. The work began today on the deeper east side ramp today and is expected to take 7-10 days. The west side is open for use. The west side ramp work will begin immediately after the east side is completed.

Renovations planned:
    Dry dam installed. Rebar driven grid into existing ramp and concrete poured out 10 feet further than the present ramp end. Both outside piers will be replaced and the center pier removed and replaced with a floating pier to aide in boat deck access at low water. Parking lot reparations to facilitate better drainage and add some parking spots will follow. And yes, Jimmy still wants $20.00 to launch or $260.00 for the yearly ramp pass.

2. Member
    40 bucks at Deep Creek ..... Uggh.

3. Member
    Hallelujah

Mike, would you happen to know name for the company doing the revamp work on these ramps? Know of a ramp that is in need of some work. Thanks, Larry

5. mikesxpress
    I've been talking to them 3 days this week during launching but never paid any attention to any branding. Call into Hope Springs and speak with Jimmy.

I do appreciate the info and will do!

7. Member
    Can’t speak with Jimmy as he has retired with his wife. Mr. Franklin is still part owner but has stepped away from his activities there. Oasis Marinas will be running the operation from here out.

8. mikesxpress
    Must have been Jimmy's ghost sitting at the computer I spoke to the other day when I went in and renewed my yearly ramp pass with Carol?
    He is not in there every day but he is still around and still one of the owners. Oasis took over managing the operation for the 3 owners last March.

9. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Don't dispute Mike... you can't win.

10. Member
    I don’t try to. Just didn’t want someone not familiar with the place to walk in and ask for Jimmy to get a pass being they just hired a full staff. Nice article in Fredericksburg paper about it last week also.

11. mikesxpress
    I live 15 minutes from the ramp and fish out of there M-Thur. Carol is at the counter (like always) and issues the passes. Harrison you live way down in Providence Forge by the Chic with your Mom and Dad don't you?

12. Member
    Nope got engaged and bought a house with my fiancé a year ago. I did fish the Potomac about 20 days last year helping my pop for the All American. I go to Mare for my boat maintenance and spend time up there. Pop hasn’t launched on Va side in 3 years.

13. mikesxpress
    Pretty good for a 26 year old When is the wedding?

14. Member
    Aug 22nd

15. mikesxpress
    This ramp thing is going to take allot longer than planned. They don't have the dam built yet for the east side. Full moon low tide loading on the shallow west side is a PIA.

16. Member
    Is there a restroom at Hope Springs available for use to fisherman, other than that port-o-jon near the launch ramp? I'm just thinking there has to be more facilities available, especially at the price it costs to launch your boat.

17. mikesxpress
    Bathroom in the store when it's open.

18. Banned
    So are the Hope Springs ramps open since being revamped?

19. mikesxpress
    Only the west side is open. They are still working on the east side.

20. mikesxpress
    They got the east side ramp poured and were removing the dam yesterday. The east side dock and center dock are torn up where they hit the shoreline so that either needs repaired/replaced before they start on the west ramp.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast