Thread: I Broke 50!!!

I Broke 50!!!

This may not sound like much but I broke fifty for nine holes yesterday with the wife. Have tried off and on since I was diagnosed with stage four Glioblastoma (sp) earlier this year. I've tried 18 but it still kicks my @!@# pretty good. But getting out with the wife and friends is awesome....a good ol fresh air fix. To finally get before fifty is like Christmas. But then things don't work as well now....vision especially and lungs.
    Anyway....hit em straight

2. Member
    Congratulations on the milestone! Your are out there playing, be thankful and enjoy the day. Stay with it and 45 is not too far down the course.

3. Member
    :)

4. Member
    Excellent! Still knocking out goals and adventures and enjoying the wife. Good for you. Keep it up!

5. Member
    Congrats! I'ts always nice to break a milestone, especially with wife along and good friends.

6. Member
    Thanks all...playing nine now is like walking two eighteens. Having to take steroids makes the lungs not so happy. Also vision is still bad but have been told it's the new you by Docs so will just buck up...Feel so sorry for younger people that have to go through this garage....

7. Member
    Your trying way too hard, I have found it much easier to under achieve , I set a score like 52 and try to match it. It makes for some interesting shots on the last few holes. And if I go over 52 I will pick up on the 6th or 7th hole and go get a break in the grill.
    last week on 18 I all I needed to shoot 78 was a par on 18 a simple 387 yard par 4, beautiful drive I had a 70 ish yard shot over the pond first one hit 10 foot from the pin and backed up inThe pond ,the second and third shots never cleared the pond ,it was a short drive to the parking lot. some refreshingly cold adult beverages were waiting in the grill .

1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

9. Member
    Maybe I don't understand the trying to hard. After 58 stitches in the top of my head this last fall for cancer I still find it difficult to do many things and sometimes get around. The couch and chair call. Don't want to do that...I try to golf and get back close to where I was...I fish still sometime when invited. Exercise during the when strength allows. Vision sucks and glasses don't do much...
    Thankful to be vertical...but have been told to get the bucket list caught up!
    Hit em straight

10. Member
    Shot a 49....phew....slept ten hours afterwords too. Seventy degree temps...still hitting an invisible ball to speak of but the fresh air and my wife are awesome. I could actually hear grass under feet....and not all mud!!!

11. Member
    Excellent. Glad you beat your number and got outdoors with your spouse.

A beauty day here. 73 and little wind was a perfect day here. Beautiful. Golf not so much so. But with the wife and another couple who are our friends. 91. I feel like an alien over the golf ball. Got to find my groove. Turf is still mostly dead grass even though the Bermuda looks green from a distance.

12. Member
    good job!

13. Member
    Coarse still open....gunna brave the elements for nine....believe fresh air aint' bad. Hope can see the ball decent.....Not sure how long things will last....don't want to stare at knees 12/24
    Be well

14. Member
    Goood for you! Still fighting to get out there and enjoy the outdoors. You are a great role model for anyone else in your situation. I hope you enjoy every bit of sunshine, the wind, the birds flying by, the colors of the grass, your wife’s kind words, gentle touch, laugh, and love for you! That makes golf and all else seem like a secondary concern. But golf is where you two enjoy the outdoors together and each other. I understand that experience.

My wife and I stumbled through 18 today, considered quitting at 9, but still enjoyed our day together outdoors on a golf course and out of the house.
    My golf sucked, hers too, the Bermuda is still not full in and won’t be for months, but we do enjoy each other and laugh a lot while we are outside smacking golf balls around.

15. Member
    AWESOME.....she put me through 18 yesterday....wow...glad I did...it was a push..slept like a stone. So glad you can get out. There is some green coming through...and in places there is grass...birds are noisy for sure....seen bass in the pond. Followed a double that really should take up a table sport!!

16. Member
    Glad you are putting heat on the group the group ahead of you and you made it through 18!
    Wife wanted to quit after 9 yesterday but i pushed her to the finish.
    I scored terribly-91 again. Definitely raising my handicap but that is early season golf. I need to go fishing. Should get my boat back this week and then golf can wait for a while.
    Spring sounds are fun to hear and sights to see. I love to shut my eyes and just listen when I hear such a commotion. Outdoors is where we all need to be! Glad you and yours are out there!

17. Member
    Would love to fish....love but don't like to ask for rides. Have a brand new 1880 Vexus just sitting. Doc says no driving and I understand.. will be a good one for someone. Enjoy the outdoors and wife.

18. Member
    Did another 18 after Doc appt yesterday....held up pretty good...but needed tylonal. Just don't have the power anymore...but at least it's going straight and as long as I give this ol brain a few extra seconds I can focus better.....so hard. Good to get out with wife....
    Going to Duke in a month for doc stuff....we hope to golf at Tobacco Road....supposed to be pretty and tough....it may be just a good walk for me.....all good. Bucket list stuff for mama...

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Always want to be Fishing View Post
    Did another 18 after Doc appt yesterday....held up pretty good...but needed tylonal. Just don't have the power anymore...but at least it's going straight and as long as I give this ol brain a few extra seconds I can focus better.....so hard. Good to get out with wife....
    Going to Duke in a month for doc stuff....we hope to golf at Tobacco Road....supposed to be pretty and tough....it may be just a good walk for me.....all good. Bucket list stuff for mama...
    You are playing more golf than me!
    Excellent to help her get her bucket list. You da man!
    I am pretty good healthwise but still need a couple of Advil to start my round. Keeps me from getting stiff and pain free.
    I have lost distance since I dropped 19 pounds. Maybe I just need to work out more on the range.
    But I won’t commit to that till after fishing all of May.
    I did take her out today on a beautiful day and we played 18 with another couple who are good friends.
    Good to see them and good to be outdoors.
    Cool and crisp at 58 degrees at 9:00.
    80 degrees at 1 when we finished.
    No wind.
    No birdies.
    Not enough pars.
    Oh well. Fishing later this weekI.

20. Member
    Sounds like good times...awesome
    I will be practicing on the sidewalk on carpet....gotta try and keep the swing and patience thing going.