Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Very Impressed Today

Toledo Bend produced some GIANTS today - waves that is Pretty sure I crossed the largest crest in my life today. A couple of Giants were a good 2' higher than the others. My 21XDC made it look pretty easy. I stayed dry and my back feels normal - I was once again impressed. There's so much that contributes to a good ride in extreme conditions. One is a boats response to the throttle and my Bullet definitely listens. Dont ever think a Bullet is just a go fast river boat.

2. Member
    There was some big ones up North also. I hit a couple in my CC, That I wish I didn’t. We usually fish out XRS a lot down mid lake. We usually play the trailering game though.

3. Banned
    You're just in denial... Everyone knows a tater chip rides like chit in the rough stuff... Dan

4. Member
    Dan, are you looking at a Charger?
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Dan, are you looking at a Charger?
    No... I had a Stratos 210 Champion Elite before I bought my current 21XRS... Both have their fans, but I'm sticking with my Bullet... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    No... I had a Stratos 210 Champion Elite before I bought my current 21XRS... Both have their fans, but I'm sticking with my Bullet... Dan
    I had an older Stratos for 20yrs and I never knew how hard water was til I got in that boat. It was heavy, but built like a tank. The newer Stratos were nicer and almost got another, but my dream was a Bullet. I actually went through a couple brands and still owned them after buying my Bullet, but all were sold and there’ll never be nothing in my garage but a Bullet.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    It is hard to beat a Bullet! Or an Allison 🙂
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

8. Banned
    I looked hard, real hard at an Allison. I couldn't justify the extra money for a toy... I drove down to Central Georgia Marina to look at one and stopped by the plant on the way home... Did I say I looked hard at Allison... Dan

9. Member
    And you still bought a Bullet, good boy Dan. My Bullet rides better than any bass boat I've ever been in, period

10. Member
    I dont have the 21 ft bullet, nor the newer one. But i sure lovvveeeeee mine

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    And you still bought a Bullet, good boy Dan. My Bullet rides better than any bass boat I've ever been in, period
    I'm a Bullet guy to the bone. I've rode in and drove a lot of them, all different sizes and models. I have also rode in and drove a lot of other brands. I can honestly and unbiasedly say that a 21 foot Bullet is the BEST riding boat I have ever sat down in, except for the XB-21 Allison. Don't crucify me, it's close, but the Allison gets my vote every time.

12. Member
    I also have to agree. The XB 21 that I have driven on lake Erie I believe handles the lake better than my 21SST. But. I'll still keep my Bullet.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

13. Member
    What I remembered when I took a few rides in the Xb. Very Very similar to my 21XD. I was shocked when crossing a few bass boat wakes how I could feel them when we crossed. I was expecting to not feel anything. Not that they were bone jarring just a little noticeable. The other thing that I really noticed was the amount of noise when hitting boat wakes from the hull. The noise was definitely worse than the feel. Couldn't feel nothing near what you could hear. Those same wakes go completely unnoticed in my 21xd and with no loud hull noise. Again I thought both boats ride and take the water very similar. This was just what I noticed. Definitely great boats I really enjoyed fishing and riding. One thing In my opinion that is not up for debate. That is just pure SEXY. After more than 25 years Bullet rules in this category! They are the Ferrari of the bass boat world. With the great lines and exotic look.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

14. Member
    I think the different feel of the xb hull in part is the location of the pad being farther forward.makes it feel in the seat of the pants where the bullet feels farther back behind. The XB does sound alot different . Must be the semi tunnel in the front that catches the water. There both high quality boats. But I've been a Bullet driver for a long time. Don't see a change anytime soon.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

15. Member
    I think the reason the XB sounds louder is the open gunnel in the cockpit area just magnifies the sound. And make no mistake, I wouldn't sell my Bullet to buy an Allison, just stating my opinion.

16. Member
    I've been on picwic on a Sunday, after lunch, in a friends 21XB 2+2. It will impress anyone how it handles in that mess. my SS is somewhat close but the nod goes to the XB. I still prefer my SS though .

17. Member
    The Allison is a fantastic hull when I visited Allison I went over that hull for two hours , the engineering is amazing Darrius knows his chit, with that being said if the hulls ride similar I would say the Bullet at 8-10 thousand cheaper in cost puts the Bullet on top.
    Not to mention the looks the Bullet hull is far superior in looks department .
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

18. Member
    Guessing the 21'10" hulls by Bullet ride a little better than a 21ss. The 21ss is 21' even correct? I have not got to ride in a 21ss yet,
    Last edited by BULLET FAN; 03-06-2020 at 09:08 AM.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

19. Member
    I have a 21'10 bullet but I've spent a considerable amount of time in the xb also. The xb is far superior imo in every aspect except looks. Bullet is no slouch and second overall by a large margin. I can see 8-10 thousand difference in fit finish and performance.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kybluebullet View Post
    I have a 21'10 bullet but I've spent a considerable amount of time in the xb also. The xb is far superior imo in every aspect except looks. Bullet is no slouch and second overall by a large margin. I can see 8-10 thousand difference in fit finish and performance.
    I find it hard to believe that the XB is far superior to a Bullet, I was on Lake Texoma in 20 plus mph winds today, no way in hell is an Allison far superior to the ride of the Bullet, it may have a better ride and it may run faster but we are talking nickels and dimes not 10's and 20's. 8,000 - 10,000 dollars in quality, not sure where in the hell you can get that much more quality, does it have heated seats, big screen TV, real leather seats ? I have only had my Bullet out a few times, very impressed with it so far, never been in an Allison, to be honest I never could get past the look of an Allison, I am sure they are good boats but to say they are far superior to a number of boats is a reach, imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast