Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I love my ultrex ..is it perfect ?no way,but it is one of the best as for spot lock goes .My old 2000 min Kota was bulletproof other than the head in fact I still have it as a back up.

2. Banned
    I was surprised watching mlf. They seem to make the same noises as the ultrex

3. Member
    Unless one owns a Ghost they are not qualified to answer the OP's question. I own a Ghost and initially I hated the d**n thing. Would not spot lock in a 40' circle. Felt I was riding a snake's tail. Advise on this website was to update the software. Voila, problem solved. Much easier to deploy and stow than my previous Minn Kota Maxxum. Longer battery life, more power, absolutely no interference on the graph, spot lock is rock solid even in wind, my foot pedal feels just like my Minn Kota, although the toe-down angle for a right turn is deeper than my Minn Kota was (don't like but getting used to it).
    Would I buy again? yes.

If you think the ghost is having issues, then don't buy it. Buy the other one that has no issues.

Ghost is a better TM IMO. Seems to be durable too. But I only have 6 months on mine, My last 2 Ultrex TMs I cracked the shaft on both of them within 6 months.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    This post is now a year old...did you buy one? What do you think?

I had a 47" Ghost for more than a year, and now have the 52" Ghost. Both motors have been the best thing ever added to my bassboats, and I have owned bassboats since 1975, and have used most electric motors on the market.
    ciao,
    Marc

6. Member
    I have had my ghost for 9 mouths rock solid, fish 4 days a week

Ghost is the best trolling motor I’ve ever been on a boat with, hands down (including Ultrex)...you couldn’t pay me to swap to anything else after running it for a season, and no I’m not sponsored/affiliated by/with Lowrance...thing is a beast
    2018 Nitro Z-18 (Custom Color)
    175hp Mercury Optimax ProXS
    Tandem Axle Trailer with Custom Rims
    4 Lowrance HDS Lives (2 12’s at Console/2 16’s at Bow)
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance Active Target
    Dual 8’ PP Blades (Blue)
    Bluewater LED's
    Custom Carpet Graphics (ZDecals)
    Atlas Hydraulic Jackplate
    Ionic Lithiums
    Power Pole Charge

8. Member
    I am very happy with mine! I did have some course lock accuracy issues but recalibrating compass solved that issue. Works great!

9. Member
    I originally had a motor guide tour pro on order for 6 months last year that never happened . Got talked into putting a ghost trolling motor on and has been a fantastic trolling motor . It was very easy to calibrate. If you can’t hear like me pay attention to the lights as they will start blinking the same time as it beeping . It’s built like a tank , lighter than an ultrex . Moves like a cable steer ,quite and VERY easy on the battery’s. If fish a lot tournaments and put two 50ah lithium batteries in last year and can fish for two days on a charge with the ghost trolling motor . Very happy with it .

I've had one since September, and it's been faultless so far. It has the tightest spot lock I've used yet, the motor is basically silent, and the only noise it makes is the turning motor, which still isn't what I would consider loud.
    It ties in with my Lowrance kit very nicely and has been amazing on how long my batteries last now. I can go out for 4 hours after work and top the batteries up in under 30 minutes on the charger.. that blew my mind.

The only gripe I can give it is the direction indicator light is bright as hell at night... wish it had a dimmer function!
    1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite DC
    2010 Mercury 200 ProXS
    Dual Lowrance Ti2's / Ghost TM

11. Member
    Anyone had the power to die on them after three hours of used? Where when you push the power button all the ghost led blink fast? Reset the breaker and master switch but can’t get power to turned on.

12. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    47” shaft is too short?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    This post is now a year old...did you buy one? What do you think?

I had a 47" Ghost for more than a year, and now have the 52" Ghost. Both motors have been the best thing ever added to my bassboats, and I have owned bassboats since 1975, and have used most electric motors on the market.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    47” shaft is too short?
    47" is too short when fishing a tournament on the Columbia River, or big lakes, and the wind comes up. Most times 47" works well but not always.
    ciao,
    Marc

14. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    47" is too short when fishing a tournament on the Columbia River, or big lakes, and the wind comes up. Most times 47" works well but not always.
    Thanks

15. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Anyone know of a way to quiet the mount down? That thing makes a ton of pops and creaks.
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

16. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnw91 View Post
    Anyone know of a way to quiet the mount down? That thing makes a ton of pops and creaks.
    More knocks and creaks than a Ultrex?

17. Member
    It’s way quieter than an Ultrex. You are going to have to get used to the sound of the motor. Personally, I don’t even notice it anymore. I’ve had mine for 1.5 years now
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

18. Member
    I have had a Ghost for a year now and the pedal feels similar to my Motorguide Tour. Took me a few minutes to get used to it. I don’t know how I fished without spot lock.

I have a Ghost now and got one of the first and love it .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123