Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    I have the transducer shield and saver model and it was a waste of money. Didn’t work at all and my pod still shook like crazy in big water. I still take mine off like Palaniuk does and it’s fine. Hard for me to spend the 250 bucks on the boat logix model when that too might not even solve the issue. I have a buddy that just installed the cheaper one on his trolling motor so I’ll see how that goes.
    I don't think the Boat Logix will stop any vertical movement at all.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

2. Member
    The boatlogix looks like the nicest for sure. $230 IMO is really priced way to high and $20 to ship is 100% + markup. It's a shame because it does look like a nice product. I think the economy is going to change a lot and prices will correct themselves. The AMP looks like a decent part not as refined for $90. To me it still looks like a $20-40 dollar item. The transducer shield IDK you loose me with hose clamps. The one the guy made with the ball mount looks like the most solid one. Just attaching more stuff to the boat. You know what they say about opinions mine might stink more.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart_t View Post
    The boatlogix looks like the nicest for sure. $230 IMO is really priced way to high and $20 to ship is 100% + markup. It's a shame because it does look like a nice product.
    I thought the same thing, it was the nicest/most "refined" out of them all and I too had sticker shock but ended up getting it.

The true test will be in a month or so when I go up north to the Great Lakes for smallies and have to drive in 3'-5' rollers.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    I thought the same thing, it was the nicest/most "refined" out of them all and I too had sticker shock but ended up getting it.

The true test will be in a month or so when I go up north to the Great Lakes for smallies and have to drive in 3'-5' rollers.
    I grew up fishing lake Erie every weekend in the summertime for walley so you are right to be prepared for that. I think for the cost I would still just use the styrofoam bungee trick. Hope you slay them

5. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    You mount for your Mega 360 looks really great. How sturdy is it? I have a BassCat too and about to install my Mega 360. Thanks in advance.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bamacat View Post
    You mount for your Mega 360 looks really great. How sturdy is it? I have a BassCat too and about to install my Mega 360. Thanks in advance.
    It work’s great! No drilling holes with a stick on ram B size ball, 6” ram arm and small ram clamp. Ordered all the items separately from amazon and spent $61 total. Don’t know if it would work for you if you have a ultrex? I have a fortrex mount on a custom bracket for my motorguide tour.
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

7. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    Thank for the response. I will have an Ultrex with the mount. I am almost sure it will work. Thanks again.

8. Member
    Transducer Shield.jpgCorrect me if I am wrong but I believe the mount is a nice to have but the new MEGA 360 is NOT oil filled so there wont be bubbles created with the jarring like the original 360.

I do have the transducer shield on my mega, however to be honest, not sure how great it is as all of our lakes are closed.

I say something is better than nothing and it comes down to which dampens the vibration and impact as much as possible, hence why I went transducer shield. Simply put, the TS is independent from shaft vibrations and jaring as the TS is independent and i would guess it dampens the impact a bit better that something that is much more rigid like a boatlogix.

just my .02, open to hearing your thoughts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Skeeter FX20 250 SHO

Made my own..Mega 360.jpg

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Made my own..Mega 360.jpg
    Did you use a bushing of any sort around the TM shaft? Have you had a chance to try it out?
    I ask because I've been thinking of doing something similar, design it and 3D print the parts, but I've been wondering about the attachment to the TM shaft.

Have not used it yet (Covid)
    The material is nylon which is very slick..the hole is 1/8" larger than shaft. I (think) it will work even better in water seams to work fine in driveway.

12. Member
    Have not used it yet (Covid)
    The material is nylon which is very slick..the hole is 1/8" larger than shaft. I (think) it will work even better in water seams to work fine in driveway.
    Thanks for the feedback, hopefully you'll be able to get out and test it more thoroughly soon.

13. Member
    I have the Transducer shield version and it works pretty good. I added a piece of 1/8" thick rubber under the hose clamp all the way around the shaft to help dampen the shocks or vibrations .
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

14. Member
    18 Ranger - I stepped-up and purchased the boat logix mount for my mega 360. I am not one who can easily be influenced by a mount that looks very stable, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

20200410_141420.jpg20200410_141430.jpg

I just purchased that damn boat logix one. Hopefully I get it in the next week and can get out and beat my boat up to see how it does. Can’t believe I just spent 250 bucks on that thing after a week ago I told myself I wouldn’t. It better work.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

16. Member
    I like the design of the boatlogix unit but just can’t justify the price without trying my own first. I designed and 3D printed a stabilizer for a M360 to Ultrex.

If you look closely at the stabilizer, you’ll see a bushing around the Ultrex shaft that allows the MDI transducer cable to pass through. I also made some pieces to center the cable in the slot of the shaft and held on with cable ties.

The fit around the M360 is tight but loose around the bushing of the Ultrex shaft. I tested for rotation after assembling and will be testing on the water for the first time tomorrow.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_fritz View Post
    I like the design of the boatlogix unit but just can’t justify the price without trying my own first. I designed and 3D printed a stabilizer for a M360 to Ultrex.

If you look closely at the stabilizer, you’ll see a bushing around the Ultrex shaft that allows the MDI transducer cable to pass through. I also made some pieces to center the cable in the slot of the shaft and held on with cable ties.

The fit around the M360 is tight but loose around the bushing of the Ultrex shaft. I tested for rotation after assembling and will be testing on the water for the first time tomorrow.
    thats very nice looking awesome job hope it works great

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbaerwald View Post
    thats very nice looking awesome job hope it works great
    thanks, I’ll report back tomorrow after a day on the water

Quote Originally Posted by gary_fritz View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, hopefully you'll be able to get out and test it more thoroughly soon.
    Gary nice job !
    Used mine for several days last week.. Still can't get the M360 working but the brace worked like I hoped it would.
    Where did you get those buttons that the zip tie runs through to hold cable ?
    Another thing I like is using the low profile zip ties... much cleaner looking.

20. Member
    Gary nice job !
    Used mine for several days last week.. Still can't get the M360 working but the brace worked like I hoped it would.
    Where did you get those buttons that the zip tie runs through to hold cable ?
    Another thing I like is using the low profile zip ties... much cleaner looking.
    Thanks! Was out on Lake St Clair for 6 hours today and it performed really good.
    I fully expected to have interference somewhere with the 360 or MDI but was pleasantly surprised with none. Hopefully you’re able to figure out why it isn’t working.
    The pieces to hold the transducer cable into the slot, I designed those and 3D printed them, I like how they keep the cable straight in the slot of the TM shaft. They fit within the slot, have a rounded slot for the transducer cable and a rectangular hole for the zip ties.
    I try to install everything as clean as I can, thank you, appreciate it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast