Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eds View Post
    3D printer guy: I like this one the best for looks. It allows the wires to pass through the base of the shaft while providing the best vibration damping. Maybe he should sell these. The only issue is that this one allows vibration from the propellor to transfer over to the M360. I don't know about the price.
    I’ll assume you’re referring to me. I agree with your assessment and it is something I’ve thought about and wondered it’s affect myself. I’ve been approached about selling or sharing the files but as I’ve explained I need to test it more before I proceed.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_fritz View Post
    I’ll assume you’re referring to me. I agree with your assessment and it is something I’ve thought about and wondered it’s affect myself. I’ve been approached about selling or sharing the files but as I’ve explained I need to test it more before I proceed.

You actually inspired me with your 3D printer. Great work. Great idea solving simple problems. I wish you the best.

3. Member
    You actually inspired me with your 3D printer. Great work. Great idea solving simple problems. I wish you the best.
    Thank you, I appreciate that

WHAT------------ I don't get a review ?

5. Member
    I installed the TSS support and drove for 2 hours. I also went fishing with it. While trailering it, I did notice a large improvement with reduced wiggle. The whole TM bounces, and this won’t stop that obviously. I’m happy for that. During fishing, I didn’t see much improvement due to an out of balanced, nicked propellor. To me, that was secondary anyway. Get the TM balanced, and that is the best you can do for that. The weld between he bracket and support is exceptional. No worry about that anymore. I’m satisfied with TSS version.

6. Member
    gary_fritz, have you made a decision on selling these yet?

7. Member

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmas5 View Post
    Not at this time. I'm considering different materials to fix a couple things I've seen, problem is my printer isn't capable of printing these other materials and the new printer I've been eyeing just isn't in the budget right now.
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

9. Member
    I use the black piece of foam that it ships with. I cut on either side of the hollowed out part of the foam and then cut slots on either end for the TM and 360 shaft. I leave it tight and wedge it in. You can remove it while fishing if your in grass but in open water it’s fine if you leave it on. Trailered 5 hours with it on the other day too....

10. Member
    Has anyone tried the AMP Ashemore Marine Products 360 ZB (zero bounce). If so do you have a review to share? Thanks.

11. Member

Question 360/3D printing

[QUOTE=gary_fritz;11061734]Thanks! Was out on Lake St Clair for 6 hours today and it performed really good.
    I fully expected to have interference somewhere with the 360 or MDI but was pleasantly surprised with none. Hopefully you’re able to figure out why it isn’t working.
    The pieces to hold the transducer cable into the slot, I designed those and 3D printed them, I like how they keep the cable straight in the slot of the TM shaft. They fit within the slot, have a rounded slot for the transducer cable and a rectangular hole for the zip ties.
    I try to install everything as clean as I can, thank you, appreciate it.

I've been looking for one myself would you be interested in making one to sell? and the buttons too sir
    My name is Brandon Doby and my number is 334-654-4227 contact me if your interested

12. Member
    Leave me get this right. 75K for a bass boat, an ultrex that cost 2500$, 50K for a truck to pull the 75K$ boat. 10K$ worth of rods reels and baits. Filling the tank on the 75K$ boat this summer at 5$ a gallon...............and bitching about spending 230$ for a piece of equipment that could make OR break your day.......come on man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandone View Post
    Leave me get this right. 75K for a bass boat, an ultrex that cost 2500$, 50K for a truck to pull the 75K$ boat. 10K$ worth of rods reels and baits. Filling the tank on the 75K$ boat this summer at 5$ a gallon...............and bitching about spending 230$ for a piece of equipment that could make OR break your day.......come on man!!!
    they have medication for that!!

14. Member
    I'm not sure why the after market hardware/accessories are going up in price so much?

I'm only in on big water once or twice per year and haven't had the issue yet. But a suggestion to consider: Make a small wood insert and add some material in the right places to avoid scratching the metal. Use a velcro strap to hold it in place. This would be easier than unbolting and reconnecting it and wouldn't require a tool.
    2008 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 Pro XS / 1996 Champion 186 with a Mercury 175 EFI

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmelford View Post
    This would be easier than unbolting and reconnecting it and wouldn't require a tool.
    Why would you unbolt the stabilizer? You mount it and forget it. Unless you are using foam or something else that is obviously temporary.

Why would you unbolt the stabilizer? You mount it and forget it. Unless you are using foam or something else that is obviously temporary.
    I take mine off when fishing heavy vegetation.
    The manual says something about not leaving it exposed to extreme heat. Under a tarp in West Texas is way past extreme.. I have a nice wall bracket it stays on between summer trips.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I take mine off when fishing heavy vegetation.
    The manual says something about not leaving it exposed to extreme heat. Under a tarp in West Texas is way past extreme.. I have a nice wall bracket it stays on between summer trips.
    I understand the heavy vegetation, if I fished in that I'd probably just mount it above the water line so it wouldn't be an issue.
    As for the heat, which stabilizer says that? I understand if it's 3D printed like mine but if it's made from aluminum or something similar what damage would the heat cause?

I understand the heavy vegetation, if I fished in that I'd probably just mount it above the water line so it wouldn't be an issue.
    As for the heat, which stabilizer says that? I understand if it's 3D printed like mine but if it's made from aluminum or something similar what damage would the heat cause?
    the stabilizer is not the issue----------- it's the 360.

19. Member
    I use the one from Facebook AMP. Works great so far
    Jeremy
    Texas A&M \'99

20. Member
    I'm thinking the heat issue is that under a lot of heat it would weaken the plastic if its made of plastic or possibly warp it causing it to bend and put undue stress on the shaft of the trolling motor,.........just a thought

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast