Thread: quality?

quality?

no build videos to look at? are these well build boats like all the top tier makers produce? never see them up north but like what I can find to look at online. wish they had a color chart and some build videos?
    Last edited by mactlman; 03-01-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

2. Member
    I got my 2018 625 from an flw tour pro, had it about 4 months and yes the fit and finish is top notch like the other hand laid hulls(allison, bullet, stroker) From what i can tell blazer stands behind their products also. Im super stoked with mine

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by camarojockey View Post
    I got my 2018 625 from an flw tour pro, had it about 4 months and yes the fit and finish is top notch like the other hand laid hulls(allison, bullet, stroker) From what i can tell blazer stands behind their products also. Im super stoked with mine
    Are you sure about the hand laid hull on a Blazer? When I visited their factory ( a long time ago ) the chopped fiberglass and resin was being sprayed with a chopper gun.

I have asked several times on this forum if Blazers are still built with a chopper gun but have never received an answer. They are great looking boats but I would like a definitive answer not just an opinion.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

4. Fishing is a Passion
    https://blazerboats.com/

Phone: (850) 478-2290, give them a call.

I had a 2012 and loved mine. Had several projects to do on mine and they were there with every step.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

Great boat - better than the Rangers I had. Quality- no issues. Nor have I heard of anyone else either.

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Are you sure about the hand laid hull on a Blazer? When I visited their factory ( a long time ago ) the chopped fiberglass and resin was being sprayed with a chopper gun.

I have asked several times on this forum if Blazers are still built with a chopper gun but have never received an answer. They are great looking boats but I would like a definitive answer not just an opinion.
    The hulls are hand laid and the rest of the boat are not. Allison and Bullet at least to my knowledge are the only 100% hand laid bass boats being made.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    The hulls are hand laid and the rest of the boat are not. Allison and Bullet at least to my knowledge are the only 100% hand laid bass boats being made.
    Thank you for the information. I knew first hand that the early 190 and 202 models were not hand laid but it is good to hear the current models have hand laid hulls.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

8. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Hand laid hulls started about in 2002/2003.

As far as quality, I think they are as good as any of the mass produced boats with Bass Cat being the best IMO.

9. Member
    I’m a new blazer owner and I just came out of a Gambler. I’ve also had a nitro, stratos and skeeter preciously and been in and around bass boats for 20 years or so. I would say my 2019 625 is built just as well as any other boat out there and better than the cookie cutter type boats. I wouldn’t question the blazer quality!