OT: GT54HW to deep for bass

As the title informs. these screenshots are a bit deeper than most bass-guys would go. But just in case you wonder how GT54HW performs in deep freshwater, here are a few screenshots. All taken with the ActiveCaptain-app on my Iphone, the unit ised is 8410xsv (called 8610xsv in the states). Depth in meters so multiply by three to get feet, temp in celcius (cold as he--).

Just in case someone wonders if GT54 can be used with Airmar TM185HW, the answer to that is no. In the first half here I run both transducers, and you can see the crosstalk i massive:

Just in case someone wonders how deep the GT54 can go, I have had good bottom reading as deep as I have used it, abot 320 meters. Here is a screenshot from 290 meters (870 feet):

Going to manual depth.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Team Colibri; 03-03-2020 at 03:23 AM.

2. Member
    thanks for posting these

3. Member
    Nice and clean
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

4. Member
    Nice! Do you have any DV pictures? I am curious how it does in deep water. Thanks!

5. Member
    Wow, 290 meters.
    That would scare me knowing I was over that much water. Lol

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    Nice! Do you have any DV pictures? I am curious how it does in deep water. Thanks!
    Sorry, I don`t. Mainly because the bottom in this lake is quite boring. Right now the ice prevents me from more testing, but assuming it breaks before I hand the equipment back to Garmin, I`ll do some DV and SV of a wreck in the fjord (saltwater) tom complete my testing.

I did a screen-film of SV earlier, not in deep water though:

(This has been posted on BBC before.)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DR. DROP View Post
    Wow, 290 meters.
    That would scare me knowing I was over that much water. Lol
    Another couple of hours north of me we have one with just over 450 meters depth. :) Norways deepest lake is just over 500 meters deep, I have never been on that lake though.