question about livewell

appears that the livewell has no overflow.....then how does water get exchanged when on timer. Does water get pumped out when new water is coming in????
    2004 Ranger 520DVX Honda 225 8" Atas 80 Min-Kota Ultrex Vexilar Flashers Lowrance Raymarine 8' Blades

2. Member

Livewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jstump View Post
    appears that the livewell has no overflow.....then how does water get exchanged when on timer. Does water get pumped out when new water is coming in????
    114 views ..... and no comments .. ...WTF!!!!
    2004 Ranger 520DVX Honda 225 8" Atas 80 Min-Kota Ultrex Vexilar Flashers Lowrance Raymarine 8' Blades

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstump View Post
    114 views ..... and no comments .. ...WTF!!!!
    Just added another view with nothing to offer. Carry on.

4. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

5. Member
    I believe that red valve being pushed in acts like and drain to outside back of and and fill if u pull valve toward ya it pumps livewell out through side off boat where bilge pumps out that's how it works on mine with the switch by the shifter set in the center position

6. Member
    Nobody is responding, likely because none of us have ever seen an AVX, without an overflow drain, in the livewell. Should be at the top of the port side, on the back wall. If you can run your livewell pumps on manual, and they don't overfill and spill onto the back deck, you have an overflow drain.

Look on the rear wall of livewell on passenger side. That’s where I found mine.
    Vexus AVX 1880
    Pro XS 115
    6” MJP
    Garmin 94SV’s
    Force TM

8. Member
    Just wondering also, I can't get my livewell to fill up to the glass which I thought eliminated sloshing. Is there a way to get it to fill completely up to the glass? or did I misunderstand?

9. Member
    Lakerbacon, if your live well has the plexiglass lids, you have an VX boat. The livewells being discussed here are the AVX, does not not have that style livewell.
    Last edited by sclark; 08-06-2020 at 01:46 PM.

10. Member
    Lakerbacon has a DVX 19, which i have nothing to offer, except maybe watch the vexus DVX videos on youtube or the VX videos where they discuss the livewell fairly in depth.
    Lakerbacon, are you switching the valve from empty to auto to fill, then to recirc when you are running? If you are pumping and it's on empty you may never fill it up. (The valve should be right under the gear selector.)

As far as the AVX livewell, the picture is SClark shared is exactly what mine looks like and my livewell will fill enough to almost cover the red valve, but of course not overflow.
    Last edited by Wampolec; 08-07-2020 at 09:16 AM.
    2020 White Vexus AVX 1880 Evinrude G2
    Ultrex 80 MDI iPilot
    Helix 9 G3N MSI
    Helix 9 G3N MDI w/ MEGA 360

11. Member
    THQ guys for the replies, I did use auto and recirc to fill. My next test will be to leave it on auto, then go on-plane and see if it fills.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerbacon View Post
    Just wondering also, I can't get my livewell to fill up to the glass which I thought eliminated sloshing. Is there a way to get it to fill completely up to the glass? or did I misunderstand?
    The DVX19 doesn't have the intensive care livewell like the DVX20 and DVX22. That's why it won't fill all the way to the lid.

13. Member
    Thank you for the clarification, the 4 dvx19 videos on the website, didn’t explicitly discuss the difference, or I missed it. Thq.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerbacon View Post
    Thank you for the clarification, the 4 dvx19 videos on the website, didn’t explicitly discuss the difference, or I missed it. Thq.
    You bet, if you go to the overview page on the website for each boat it talks about the tour level livewell on the 19 and the intensive care livewell system on the 20 and 22. Hope you're enjoying your boat, it's a heck of a rig!