Thread: Had a great run

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I own a Ranger and looking to purchase another Ranger or a Triton. I am interested in what is meant by WRM is running Triton and Ranger to the ground?

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coach76 View Post
    I own a Ranger and looking to purchase another Ranger or a Triton. I am interested in what is meant by WRM is running Triton and Ranger to the ground?
    Quality is down from previous years on both brands. The largest ranger/ triton dealer in Texas dropped them last week because of the way they treat the dealers and is selling Caymas and Skeeter. I’m not speaking from hearsay, I know first hand what goes on with the way WRM operates and it’s total crap.

3. Member
    Surely after JM bought out Ranger / Triton nobody really thought those companies would continue with 3 different operation processes did you? Nobody should take it personally. Like it or not, it's just business to consolidate and run under a single operating plan. Best thing that ever happened to Triton was moving into their own plant. Quality increased dramatically. As I understand it, the majority of the changes were to the regional sales staffs. If there has been one constant in this industry, it's been that hardly anybody works for the same company forever. There are exceptions, but they are not the norm. What is normal is a dose of sour grapes at first, but I hope all of those impacted find something better...….like retirement or an even better job.

4. Banned
    I don’t know if I agree with “quality increased dramatically”. I’ve seen several that came out of that new plant that were never unloaded off the trailer and sent back to the factory. My friend had his boat sent back because the back deck delaminated and I’ve been waiting on seats for my 2020 model since the end of September. The new owner of that boat is still waiting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Surely after JM bought out Ranger / Triton nobody really thought those companies would continue with 3 different operation processes did you? Nobody should take it personally. Like it or not, it's just business to consolidate and run under a single operating plan. Best thing that ever happened to Triton was moving into their own plant. Quality increased dramatically. As I understand it, the majority of the changes were to the regional sales staffs. If there has been one constant in this industry, it's been that hardly anybody works for the same company forever. There are exceptions, but they are not the norm. What is normal is a dose of sour grapes at first, but I hope all of those impacted find something better...….like retirement or an even better job.
    Have to say i agree with this. I hate to see people leave or get let go on bad terms but things happen for a reason i guess. As far as quality my 2020 is EXCELLENT the fit and finish is perfect i have zero issues with that honestly the bot itself has had zero issues rigging was clean. I just made a few changes to wiring in the battery compartment and a few kore zip ties under the dash and somenof the trailer witing i didnt like at all. But overall very happy with it. My seats are good too zero issue with the center compartment rubbing.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Have to say i agree with this. I hate to see people leave or get let go on bad terms but things happen for a reason i guess. As far as quality my 2020 is EXCELLENT the fit and finish is perfect i have zero issues with that honestly the bot itself has had zero issues rigging was clean. I just made a few changes to wiring in the battery compartment and a few kore zip ties under the dash and somenof the trailer witing i didnt like at all. But overall very happy with it. My seats are good too zero issue with the center compartment rubbing.
    Ditto! The few small issues I had I was able to take care of with no help from the dealership because they were so minor. I have no complaints about my boat, I get compliments all the time, it Fishes great, performance is awesome, ride is great, zero regrets. I would highly recommend my Triton boat.

7. Member
    I love my 2020 21 TrX. The compartment between the seats does rub but it’s a minor nuisance. The boat runs, rides, and looks good.

8. Member
    I had two of the largest Triton dealers in the country and they have been very impressed with the boats coming out of the Midway plant

9. Member
    I just wonder if TBW would still be a Ranger Triton dealer if he had not sold the dealership to a foreign group ?!

10. Member
    there is always more to the story when brands discontinue with a dealership most of the folks that put out information have no real clue of what transpired. when a dealership changes ownership you dont always keep the brands that were there before.

11. Member
    I think Triton makes an excellent boat, I think Ranger always has and still does make an excellent boat. There’s better boats that cost more money, and there’s a lesser quality boats that cost less money. What I like about my Triton is I feel I’m getting an excellent boat, in a price range I can afford. I would have no problem recommending a Triton or a Ranger boat. There are a lot of good boats out there, it all depends on how much money you want to spend on one and what fits your style and needs. But I certainly would not count out a Triton or a Ranger based on quality concerns. Glad to see JJ is back on board with them!
    Last edited by itsahog; 03-26-2020 at 09:18 PM.

I also hate that some lost their jobs but that's how big business operates. You guys have noticed that the negative comments are all from a guy named CaymusMan...right?

Quote Originally Posted by ducker2 View Post
    I also hate that some lost their jobs but that's how big business operates. You guys have noticed that the negative comments are all from a guy named CaymusMan...right?
    Seems to be the trend doesnt it..... the world must not of ended too much the Op is back with triton.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

14. Member
    The Triton dealer in Ocala, Millers Boating Center, was told that he could only sale Triton and Ranger if he wanted to keep his dealership. (This is what I was told anyway) In Florida you can't survive as a boat dealer doing that. You have to offer the customer lower costs salt water boats if you plan to keep your doors open.

So, now Millers is no longer a Triton Dealer. I expect that is why the other dealers are dropping Triton and Ranger. What a stupid stunt for a manufacturer to pull on its dealers.

JJ, good luck to you in you future endeavors. No doubt you will land on your feet, good folks always do!!

15. Member
    Wow, jj... sorry to hear this man!!!
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force - 36v
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    The Triton dealer in Ocala, Millers Boating Center, was told that he could only sale Triton and Ranger if he wanted to keep his dealership. (This is what I was told anyway) In Florida you can't survive as a boat dealer doing that. You have to offer the customer lower costs salt water boats if you plan to keep your doors open.

So, now Millers is no longer a Triton Dealer. I expect that is why the other dealers are dropping Triton and Ranger. What a stupid stunt for a manufacturer to pull on its dealers.

JJ, good luck to you in you future endeavors. No doubt you will land on your feet, good folks always do!!
    Sorry, I don't believe that for a second. You only heard half the story or they don't want to tell you the story. More than likely he was told he would loose his Exclusive White River Only bonus for bringing in another brand. A practice well known in the industry. There is a lot of BS stories concerning boat dealers and manufactures out there and most are started by dealers butt hurt over something or another.

The dealer i bought from sells Triton Ranger and pheonix all under one roof. Doesnt seem like anything is going to change they have a good inventory of all 3. Never heard anything negative from them about it.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

18. Member
    My 2019 has been great! No issues with fit and finish or anything on the boat. I think a lot of issues, not all but a lot, are from dealers not doing the proper inspection and rigging on a boat prior to turning over to the customer.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swerve-n-Protect View Post
    Wow, jj... sorry to hear this man!!!
    I'm back, just like a wart. I am the regional sales manager for Ranger, Triton, and Nitro for NC, and SC. I guess they thought this old fart has a few more years.

20. Member
    I will tell everyone this, I own two Tritons, my 2008 is a solid boat but pretty sorry attention to detail, my 2013 is a great boat with better attention to detail. i have been in two 2020 models and they are the best of both worlds.
    i have been around two caymas boats and on both of them I reached down and knocked on the side of the hull and both sounded like a hollow tuna can.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast