Bravo 1 xs for a Basscat Puma help needed for heavy high school tournaments?

Wanting to try a Bravo 1xs on my 13 Basscat Puma FTD with Mercury 250 xs, 2 poles, Ultrex with 4 batteries and 2 12" birds on the front . From my searching on here and Basscat forum, most people say a 27" Bravo 1 xs is what runs best on their rigs. I'm trying to figure out which to start with when I'm loaded down for my sons high school tournaments. I have a 25" fury for a summer prop and a 26 Fury for the cooler months (both have been work by Ronnie with great results) with my normal loads of 1 or 2 people and half fuel, 5800 rpm's around 71-74 mph.
    My problem is during my sons high school fishing tournaments when we are real heavy as in: 3 people (2 of us are heavy), loads of tackle, full of fuel for long trips and live well full. My boat doesn't want to lift at all until I'm running 5200 rpm and then it's only fair as far as lift and speed(5600 rpm's @66-68mph) and terrible hole shot.
    What would be my best to start with on a Bravo 1 xs, a 25" or a 26"?

For those conditions you need a rg prepped 24 prop. Under ideal conditions you be spinning that motor a little over 6k
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    If you were closer you could try my 23" Rev4. It lifts my Triton better than my Bravo and has almost as good a hole shot with 3 people and a rarely full livewell.

4. Member
    The 25" bravo xs is a 24" prop cupped up to 25" and the 26" would be what I'd get with the load your carrying. With the 26" prop you can always have it pitched up to 27" if you need it.

5. Member
    A 26 bravo1xs is a little bit more prop then a 24p fury so I would start there. Do you have a manual or hydro jackplate? On my Sabre I had to go up around an inch when I switched to the bravo xs